• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountaintech Skid Plates

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Season #6 and going strong! Still the finest skid plate available and the only one to take the time and processes necessary to build it right. It is a 5 step process but well worth it. It makes for a skid plate that fits properly. Any un machined piece of aluminum will NOT fit the Nytro chassis properly, as it will not integrate and fit together with the factory plastic without distorting and damaging it. Here are a few pics showing the areas on both sides of the skid plate that get machined to allow for OEM fitment.

IMG_2201.jpg IMG_2202.jpg IMG_2203.jpg

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
As a person who owns one of Mountaintech's skid plates, I can say without an hesitation that they fit the nytro like a glove. The only slight issue i had installing my full skid plate was not with the skid plate at all. Those who are running Timbersled boonie bumper on your nytro's and want to run the full skid plate will have to clearance the two corners of the nose of the skid plate a little to get both items to play nice together. Simple easy fix and they work great together. Install was a breeze the fit is clean and is a great peace of mind knowing there is something other then thin plastic between you and that tree stump

Last edited:

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I ran one on my nytro too. The fitment was spot on, and I may or may not have done some field testing on logs, stumps, and at least one rock. It held up great and kept me on the snow, you can't ask for a better skid on the nytro.

Jul 11, 2015
Colorado Springs
I've put mine through more abuse than most peoples nytros will ever go through, couple small dings but still straight. Considering I went through 3 factory ones before January and this one lasted all year and will be good for this season really proves how tough they are.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Season 7 and counting! No longer offering the tunnel cooler but the 3 different versions of A Arm kits continue to transform Nytros everywhere. Working on a 4th version as well.

Last edited:
Premium Features