• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

handlebar setup

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I am in the process of replacing my bars, and I noticed something interesting. I grabbed my new set of handlebars and held them pretty tight. The natural orientation of the bar in my hands is not how I have had it setup on my sled. Also, in the past I have had problems with it feeling like there is too much pressure on the outside of my hands on my bars and not enough on the inside.

Here are some pictures to help demonstrate what I am talking about. Note that the pictures are exaggerated a little bit. Also note that turning the bars down creates a tiller effect, so the riser needs to be moved forwards so that the center of your hands on the bars is inline with the steering post.

I know it looks weird, but it does feel comfortable. I might give it a shot.

IMG_6024.jpg

IMG_6023.jpg

IMG_6022.jpg

crap my sled is dirty...

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I'd never go with that bend anyways, I prefer damn near straight.
Those bars mounted like that remind me of rolling on the BigWheel when I was a tyke!

With that being said, there is no right or wrong way when setting up your sled the way you want it. I'm pretty particular of handlebar set-up/distance from runningboard etc and while I'll ride pretty much anything, there are only a few set-ups I could ride on my personal sleds.
RSI 2" Rise Bars
Pro Taper RC Bend
Any almost straight bar(Fly CF Sno-X Bars, CR Racing Handlebars)

But the orientation, risers, angle with steering post, and control placement is huge.
Guess I'm too used to riding my dirtbike and having it exactly the way I want.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Those bars mounted like that remind me of rolling on the BigWheel when I was a tyke!
Yah it looks crazy stupid. I don't know, I tried placing the bars based on what my hands / arms wanted and felt the most comfortable, no matter what my brain was telling me.

Wife said it looked dumb though, so I might have to change them... haha

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I say run it and try. Just be careful putting your grips on and the like, make sure the wires are in a good position, both that way, and "normal"

I can't remember his forum name but White/orange MCX Nytro guy named Laird has the most ridiculous bar set-up I've seen......but it works for him and he handles that sled like nobodies business. There's no right or wrong way.

Premium Features