• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Had a little anniversary on here last month...

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
This raises a rather fun idea.
There is no reason at all why we couldn't create a
10yr
15yr
20yr

Membership badge to attach to someone's account!
You said no way to know before 2008 so how can we get badged?
I used to be Frankensled. Don't know when I joined but it was the last century!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You said no way to know before 2008 so how can we get badged?
I used to be Frankensled. Don't know when I joined but it was the last century!!

So User Name "Frankensled" was created on 11/26/07
And went inactive on 12/6/2015

Since its been DEAD for 2 years I can transfer it over to you if you want?

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
SADLY There are no database records from before 2008

There might not be any records from before 2008, but I have been able to view old forums online using the Wayback Machine I have gone through probably thousands of pages of the old forums, looking for tuning on some older sleds... What I really wanted to find was some good tips for my Boondocker M7.

You can find captures of the forums here and you can paste any link into the search bar and it will pull "captures" from the years. Unfortunately some years were captured better than others, and some you can view dozens of old forum threads, some barely even get you to one thread.

It works fairly well, just depends on how long you want to try to search or browse through the forums. I've been thinking about sharing this for a while now, so here you go!

--------------

Edit: Turns out my link won't work. Go ahead and type Snowest.com into the search bar of the main page.

Click your desired year, click the month of your desired year, click one of the days, and a link should pop up for the capture of that day. (Some of the links work, some won't)

When you get a link to take you to Snowest's main page, select the Forums link, you should then be able to either paste that Forums link into the search bar and repeat the steps above. Or you can just start browsing.

Like I said, some links work some don't. Good luck!

Last edited:

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I remember the old forums.
I think I originally signed up in the 90's.
With the old software you could hover the mouse over the user name and your member number would pop up.

I remember all the heated arguments about counter-steer! Lots of drama and major entertainment back then.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
I was on hardcoresledder the other day looking at a thread about 800 BB cranks, a guy copied the thread (from snowest) where Indy Dan was explaining things and I saw where I had posted on that thread. Beside your name it gave a start date for the forum (snowest) mine was August 28 2001. I believe I was on here before that, sometime in the '90's, but don't remember when. Back when lots of guys just used their name for their user name. Don't think I've been here 20 years but it's been awhile.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Jay, I remember you in here for A LONG time.
I'm sure it was before the 2001 reboot.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Thanks for the nod, this forum has been a lot of things to me over the years, lots of smart guys on here that I parrot in my little world, makes me look smarter than I am :face-icon-small-win The knowledge and info on here make the cost of joining about the best deal you'll ever get.

A

ak ryda

Nov 26, 2007
Congrats Scott!

Pretty sure it’s been 20 for me as well. Pre-forum days, rate the sleds. Engineering School computer lab when I switched majors in 1997.

Gosh, I’m also getting close to 20 on NASIOC back from my Subaru WRX days. Not sure if it means I am getting old, spend too much time on the internet, or both!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Congrats Scott!

Pretty sure it’s been 20 for me as well. Pre-forum days, rate the sleds. Engineering School computer lab when I switched majors in 1997.

Gosh, I’m also getting close to 20 on NASIOC back from my Subaru WRX days. Not sure if it means I am getting old, spend too much time on the internet, or both!

There were some good times on "rate the sleds".
That was before sled bashing became an art form. Lol

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
So User Name "Frankensled" was created on 11/26/07
And went inactive on 12/6/2015

Since its been DEAD for 2 years I can transfer it over to you if you want?
Just found an old paper. I switched to up-high in 06-07 and someone else picked up Frankensled. Think I joined in '97. Just before the Tetonice era I think. "Do you countersteer?" "My sled makes boost at idle"!

Sled Idaho

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2002
McCall, Idaho
www.snowmobile-alliance.org
I was on the old SW forum before the reboot in 2001 though I don't think I posted anything. Probably joined Nov or Dec 1999. Then rejoined just before the second SW forum ride in McCall as 'Hangar18' in 2002. Changed to 'Sled Idaho' in about 2004. Have had a ton of great rides with other members that I got to know early on, and still do.

I8URCAT

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Spokane, WA
I didn't realize it until I looked at my profile tonight.
Last month marked the beginning of my 20th year on the SW forum.

WHOA!!!

I've spent most of the last 19 years on the forums...the rest I just wasted. LOL

20-year-anniversary-logo.png
At 20 years they should pencil you in for profit sharing and a 401k!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
At 20 years they should pencil you in for profit sharing and a 401k!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HOLY CRAP, E-dog!!!
I can't believe you posted on here! How long has it been?
GREAT to see you're still around, man!!!!

Premium Features