• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SSI backcountry pro shift low elevation clutch kit

W
Sep 26, 2014
I have this kit in my 2015 m 8000 and it is a huge improvement from the clutching I had prior..I had a chance to give it the full backcountry/tree riding test last weekend it was smooth, responsive and ripped...but when I got stuck ..I typically either roll it , turn it out but some times I have to walk it back in reverse a couple of feet so I can launch it and go again. Now in normal reverse it is fine..but under a little load it sounds like its binding. I pepper the throttle and walk it back so it doesn't dig in but it doesn't like it. Is this typical with this kit? anybody who has the kit have the same issue? just making sure I am not gonna mess something up in the backcountry?

W
Sep 26, 2014
Belt slips down secondary in reverse

Well no replies initially and i dug around and found the answer or the answer i didnt want... I guess my pre - buy research sucked.... And no help from the customer service( grrr) .. Good news in forward i like the kit .. Now is there anything i can do .. So i can use reverse or improve it?

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The torsion kits will go in reverse for turning around and backing off a trailer for example. But you cant grab a handful of throttle in reverse.

Did you try calling us? If you have any questions please call 507-263-2244

Our tech line is normally always open. Thank you and glad you like the clutch kit!

W
Sep 26, 2014
Thank you for the reply...i sent a pm to "ssi" 1 month ago and then sent an email to customer service at the beginning of the week... Due to no response i reposted my issue..... In retospect a call to your group would have been better ... Yes i will call and talk to a tech... And for the record i am not gragging a handful of throttle... Yes off the trailer and on flat ground i can reverse.. But when under slight load the belt slips down... I will call u guys and see how you can help me for sure .. No slam or bashing intented... Thanks

X
Jan 27, 2008
Minnesota
I have a kit from BDX/SSI and am having same results. Good for backing up in parking lot or trailer. But under a load it pulls belt into secondary and chatters like crazy. No good for backing out of a stuck. But I'll live with it for the forward performance.

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
<section class="page-product-box">
More info off the website; We have two different rate torsion springs for the 2012-2015 Arctic Cat Driven clutches.

The Green version is designed to work with models with engine reverse, or also a really good spring for deep snow riding.
The Orange spring is just slightly stiffer than Cats old sno pro green secondary spring.

</section>

Premium Features