• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best turbo for 2010 m8

Heath

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2008
Im sure this has been asked a lot but here we go again. What is the best and most reliable turbo for my 2010 m8 with a 163 track

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
ovs, CPC as each use quality parts. the others are a cheaper knock offs, with turbos you get what you pay for.

D
Nov 6, 2012
I have a cpc(cutler) on a 2010 m8. Runs good but I wasn't impressed with the fit of it at all. The boost pipe hoses I had to modify. The waste gate actuator bracket is not built properly causing boost hose to be squished against coolent bottle, the oil tank breather tube allows oil to leave tank in event ov rolling sled over, no easy way to adjust boost. Have to adjust rod each time. I installed boost T for 100$, the first 10$ vdo boost gauge lasted about 5 minutes. Once I got all the kinks worked out it runs very well. But after spending 5g I shudent have to piss with stuff like that or spend extra money. My next will be a boondocker I think reasoning being I don't wanna have to piss with fuel press reg to clean up my bottom end cause the dobec box won't take fuel away from factory map like u can with a boondocker. I'm sure ill get it for saying bd but just my 2 cents.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
ovs, CPC as each use quality parts. the others are a cheaper knock offs, with turbos you get what you pay for.

I've personally installed a OVS tial race gas kit and a Twisted race gas kit on M8's. Twisted has better design and fit and finish. Ovs was good too and runs really well. Havnt got to ride the twisted kit yet. So time will tell how the twisted kit runs. From what I've read though, it should run very well. Don't like the look of the PUSH kits. They look to be a undeveloped and cheap product. CPC, I've heard good things about. I really don't like how it all fits under the hood. Seems like the fit and finish lack with them as well. Would stay away from older Boondocker kits. The new ones seem to be working really good. Heard a lot of guys complaining about the instruction and the install though.
My list as of right now.
1-OVS
2-twisted
3-boondocker
4-CPC
5-push

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Zero issues with my CPC stage two on my 12 proclimb. Installed right when the kits came out an proclimbs. Self installed also. Did a buddies 2010 M with CPC 2 at same time. Haven't had an issue with it either. I'd go cutler. Have rode with buddies with twisted an boondocker. Not gunna beak any brands though.

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
One of my riding buddies had a boondockers mini race gas kit with an air to air on is 2010 m8.. It ran really well. The only problem he had was once and a while if he shut it off it it would not start got quite a while until it cooled down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Funny you say that cause you were about to buy a push turbo kit but you have them last on your list!?!? Free country bud, can say and think what I want.

Why don't you do some of your own research and reading. Don't just use me to find out what's good and what's not. Then purchase and install your own kit. Glad you reminded me that it's a free country. I almost forgot.

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
Why don't you do some of your own research and reading. Don't just use me to find out what's good and what's not. Then purchase and install your own kit. Glad you reminded me that it's a free country. I almost forgot.

You sound like a perfect candidate to own a Poo. You got your head up your arsejust like all those poo blow hards. Lol

Oh, did you know airplanes are glued together!!

Back to topic

Ovs
Twisted
Cpc
Boony
Push
Evo m8 kit ( have to put them at the bottom since the kits have not been released or proven)

Is that better snowmow

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
You sound like a perfect candidate to own a Poo. You got your head up your arsejust like all those poo blow hards. Lol

Oh, did you know airplanes are glued together!!

Back to topic

Ovs
Twisted
Cpc
Boony
Push
Evo m8 kit ( have to put them at the bottom since the kits have not been released or proven)

Is that better snowmow

No. Not much better. Still nothing backing why you've put the company's in that order. Except for evo. And that's not even a option right now.

Why OVS on top?

What separates OVS from twisted?

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
No. Not much better. Still nothing backing why you've put the company's in that order. Except for evo. And that's not even a option right now.

Why OVS on top?

What separates OVS from twisted?

It's not just the quality or how they run . For me it's the people that back their product and are just a phone call away. ( we won't open this can of worms on the forum ). But I put twisted 2nd on my list because I like a couple ways they did things on their kit. They look clean just as does the ovs. I've just heard a lot more positive feed back on the ovs. Plus I have an ovs and it flat works!

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I would go CPC or OVS if I was to buy a new kit, but I also just bought a used push kit and the fit is really good, absolutely no issues with it, quality seems good too, it sucks not having instructions though.

My list would probly be,

CPC
OVS
Twisted
Push
Boondocker

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
I have a push tial kit on my 2010 and I love it. I would not trade it for any BD I have seen. The customer service is push's low point not cheap parts IMO. I really need to try a twisted the way they are bragged up on here.

Premium Features