• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weight and Price?? and is Canada getting screwed on price again?

S
Mar 17, 2009
buying can vs us

yep we get screwed...i stopped buying canadian and get everything shipped from the US....just ordered a garage door opener..275 us and the same one is 450 canadian and a water pump..79 us and 169 can.....sad but true

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Nothing new there. Dollar is even but we still bay 20% more, and then they deny warranty if we buy out of the States.

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
Oh exactly. We always get screwed over in the end.

I am thinking of having my buddy in Montana pick up a couple sleds for me dirve them for a month then Ill go buy them off him warranty transfers and everything is all good.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Why don't they have one price, us price, and whatever the exchange rate is so be it. I don't live in canada but why does it have to be so complicated??????????

Rod

Oh what sense would that make????????? Wait... it does make sense therefore will never happen. Its theft , pure and simple.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I think the mentality is that our wages are higher in general then the US so products are just more expensive here.

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Oh exactly. We always get screwed over in the end.

I am thinking of having my buddy in Montana pick up a couple sleds for me dirve them for a month then Ill go buy them off him warranty transfers and everything is all good.

Sorry but warranty does not transfer, you will have to take it back to the U.S. for warranty work.

Apr 21, 2008
Does anyone know prices yet? Last year our dollar was almost par but we ended up paying $4000+ more for the same sled. Now our dollar is higher than the US and if the price of the sled is not = in both countries I will be soon looking at other options.:heh::heh::heh:

The prices are all up on the Cat website if you look at the specific models.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Sorry but warranty does not transfer, you will have to take it back to the U.S. for warranty work.

However......

Keep the sled in your buddies name and when it's time for a recall or warranty work, you are your buddy on a sledding trip up north. One phonecall to your listed number and smooth sailing from there.......really.....it's not a big deal.

I have a sister in Houston. Could I buy it in her name and take it back to Canada? (for her to ride of course. :face-icon-small-win) Then, if warranty is required I bring it in on her behalf? That is my plan anyway. Insuring it will be an issue though.

Also, check out this video of the new ProClimb chassis. It states the 1100 Turbo will have the best power to weight ratio in the industry.
http://www.arcticcat.com/snow/technology/proclimb/

This article states the m8 is the same weight as the 2011
http://www.snowest.com/snowmobile-news/display.cfm?&image=2673-282.jpg&tpid=282&id=2673

Last edited:
Premium Features