• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

One year ago.

J
Jan 15, 2010
What are you talking about??? This has nothing to do with being jealous (Not at all) or Polaris realy. Its that Cat built a new sled using old race sled desings (2008 race sled) and wants to sell it to you for a lot of money.
Go do whatever you want to do or buy whatever you want to buy. Im just telling you about things I see with this new sled. I can see it! I dont need to ride that sled to know its a bitch to pull up into a side hill going down hill.

You must work for Poo. I dont care how much you raced for who, talking sh%t without riding is bullsh$t. If you cant make any sled on the market today easily pull up into a sidehill when going downhill YOU SUCK!! I'd be willing to bet that sled handles way better then an M for a lot of reasons, but the main one being that the CG is still LOW because they kept the laydown motor. The secondary is a bit higher then an M, but by removing the DD and balancing the weight side to side the handling will be improved. The weight is more centralized then the old sleds, and the rider is what, 3 inches forward? I bet it rides like an M but only better. If I remember right, wasnt the M7 based on the F7?????

Minten

Lifetime Membership
Nov 6, 2010
Bozeman, Montana
What's next for them?

Okay, okay.... all we need to go is make some hot coco an relax by afire until we know some real facts.

1. Polaris, Yammi and Cat need to come together to make one great sled.
Polaris for the chassis? Yammi for the 4stroke ( helping those Al Gores sleep at night) and cat for the dependability. It would cut costs on production and provide the consumers with a better, more reliable product... Which makes everyone happy =)

2. Brand loyal retards should huck a cliff and never come back. I dont care if it's a Cat i ride.. or a doo.. or a Pro ride. I want to have fun and enjoy the few hours i have for our fellow retards in the world.

3. A sled has to prove it's self before it can be the best. A 1100t would be a hell of a lot of fun if its light enough. A pro with 180hp would be fun too right? Well I don't think either are going to happen so don't hate... yet.

Back on the topic of the "super sled"

Through my 14 years of life I have learned that merging companies can sometimes lead to good things. Delta and NWA is somewhat of a good example... Some what cheaper flights with more location... Well if a Cat and Poo merge then we'll have one good, dependable sled that does what a majority of the consumers want. High HP with good dependability. A PERFECT chassis and not super light weight... We all want that.

I'm going to end it at that before this turns into an essay....

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
I can't believe all the bull sh!t being posted by both AC faithful and riders of the "other brands". I ride an '06 900 RMK (heavily modified) that is currently on season 6 and still impressing me and fellow riders every ride, but I decided last December it's time for a new sled. I and a riding buddy of mine who rides a turbo M8 signed up for a Pro RMK demo ride in Revy before Christmas. I told him and others before the ride that if it handled anything like an XP (which I hate), I would be snowchecking a Cat for next season because I love the handling of my bud's TM8. I did, however, fall in love with the Pro within ten minutes of riding it and will be snowchecking one within the next week. I am very confident that the new Cat will be a great machine for someone, but I'm not going to lay out that kind of coin without riding one and knowing if it's right for me or not. How can any of you have very strong positive or negative opinions without actually RIDING the new Cats ???? Keep your mouth shut until you ride it, then decide if it's right for you or not.

N
Oct 10, 2010
Jackson Wy
I THINK THE NEW CATS LOOK REALLY GOOD AND GOOD FOR CAT TO STEP UP AND BUILD A FACTORY TURBO LIKE IT OR NOT WE WILL ALL BE ON 4-STROKES BEFORE LONG WHY WOULD THEY PUBLISH A WEIGHT ON A PROTO-TYPE? I DON'T THINK THAT PEOPLE CAN JUDGE A SLED THEY HAVE NOT RIDDEN SEE WHAT THE SNOWEST TEST CREW SAYS ABOUT IT IN THE UPCOMING ISSUES COULD BE GREAT COULD BE WHO KNOWS NOBODY HAS RIDDEN THESE OTHER THAN CAT AND MAGAZINES... LEAST THEY ARE NOT HELD TOGETHER WITH GLUE.....

The caps lock key is the one to the left of the "A" key... just sayin

N
Jan 25, 2011
very well put d pro!!!!!! different sleds for different people you set up works for you personally im not brand loyal and currently am workin on an upgrade and dont even own a sled but i love cat and i just came from a poo. ride what works for you!

S

StrobsM8

Nov 27, 2007
Ummm, you kinda answered that one for yourself didn't ya? If Burandt said he hasn't ridden a ProClimb,(totally 33rd hand info) and Brett has only ridden one within the past few months(Again 3rd hand info).......what chance does VOHK have of riding one? Please correct me if I am out of line but it seems VOHK has tailored their business to the business decisions of Burandt. He goes one way, they follow.....or is it the other way around?

And if I am totally offbase, then forgive me. VOHK must have run some new '12 Cat's if they feel that strongly about the Pro. So how do they handle? What are they like? You musta got more info outta them than, "Be happy you have a 10 or 11."

Look forward to hearing their reports on how bad the new Cat's handle. If they really are gonna flop, I want a heads up before i check one. Thanks.

I've have a few beers in me and I got a little worked when Elvis made the statement about VOHK... Of course they are Pro guys.... Pretty sure Burandt didn't leave cat because he really thought Polaris was better at the time. The Pro is probably a very good sled but polaris hasn't had the best luck in years past.

S
Nov 27, 2007
new cats

snwman77
YOU need to look at the sales brochure.ITS NOT THE RACE chassis.GOOD grief if you cant see that you shouldnt be riding cause your blind.DONT CARE WHO YOU WORKED FOR!
The PRO is a great sled.My bud has one and loves it.IT STARTED AS A DITCH BANGER!!!!The rush.
I think everyone should chill out till they ride one.I DO think the retro should be available in the 8 thats 4 sure.
I am a little disappointed about the weight.Although nothing published yet. If poo can do it why cant cat?I was hoping for a little more poop from the 8 as well.They look really cool.I hope they work.I will be waiting on ride reports and reading feverioushly before I make up my mind.

S

snwman77

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Firestone Co.
Hey jack off I didnt say it was a race sled. I wrote its based off cats race sled. The rush is not polaris's race sled, the IQR so get that right. and as for where I worked I wasnt talking to you. I was asked what made me so smart and I know working on sleds all my life helps know a thing or two. Basher go back and take your time and read all the posts. YOUR post was a waste of time and so are you.

snwman77
YOU need to look at the sales brochure.ITS NOT THE RACE chassis.GOOD grief if you cant see that you shouldnt be riding cause your blind.DONT CARE WHO YOU WORKED FOR!
The PRO is a great sled.My bud has one and loves it.IT STARTED AS A DITCH BANGER!!!!The rush.
I think everyone should chill out till they ride one.I DO think the retro should be available in the 8 thats 4 sure.
I am a little disappointed about the weight.Although nothing published yet. If poo can do it why cant cat?I was hoping for a little more poop from the 8 as well.They look really cool.I hope they work.I will be waiting on ride reports and reading feverioushly before I make up my mind.

B

B C

Nov 26, 2007
Montucky
snwman77

Sales brochure does say it has the Arctic Race Suspension. Not the race chassis, I know; but still it makes ya wonder if there is some validity to what he's saying here. I ride an M, but I don't bleed green. Funny how the Cat guys get all over everyone for bashing and not riding. Yet they'll claim it's king of the hill before they throw a leg over one. Fawk it's gonna seem like forever until these things hit the snow and you fawks quit whining like school girls.

Last edited:
S

snwman77

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Firestone Co.
All you guys seem to hate me for posting things im seeing and reading right on cats home page about this new sled. Its like you are killing the messagener. I write one thing and some of you twist it around into something I didnt say or you get the facts wrong and bash me for your ignorance. Give me a brake, Its not as if Im saying the new sleds are junk and they suck, Iv never even been in the same room as one but I have owned sleds that have some of the same parts that these new sleds have on them. Im just writing in and saying Im seeing these parts from past race sleds that didnt make for good mountain sleds. and Im telling you where Im getting my info from to let you make up your own mind then you attack me. And to make this clear I DONT ride a polaris as of now. The only sleds im bashing on are race sleds turned to Mountain sleds.

Please read this
http://www.snowest.com/snowmobile-news/display.cfm?ID=2673

Heres a pic for you to think about the next time you are trying to get between two trees and your sled is tiped a little down hill.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=136378&d=1299728412

Last edited:
E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
Hey jack off I didnt say it was a race sled. I wrote its based off cats race sled. The rush is not polaris's race sled, the IQR so get that right. and as for where I worked I wasnt talking to you. I was asked what made me so smart and I know working on sleds all my life helps know a thing or two. Basher go back and take your time and read all the posts. YOUR post was a waste of time and so are you.

snwman its imposible to talk to people like this. He obviously has not heard like i have that the new M is gonna be a modified flat land sled (sno pro) and those are not mountain sleds no matter what you do to them. this will be a rider forward, pain in the *** to uphill u turn, fighten the sidehill xp style. I am 100 percent in your corner sw

E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
Heres a pic for you to think about the next time you are trying to get between two trees and your sled is tiped a little down hill.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=136378&d=1299728412

Oh my god SNWMAN, thats the pic i have been wanting to see. Thank You. Or i guess no thank you, you just made a huge point about this sno pro I mean M800.

crap the spindles get bigger everytime I see them. I was wrong they are 39" tall? wtf. wow they are so stupid

B

brent9k

Dec 17, 2007
BOZEMAN, MT
www.attackmotorsports.com
IQR to pro rmk

I do know the pro rmk/rush chassis was first built by the polaris race department, but do to the fact the IQR was and has been doing so well they moved the pro chassis into the consumer market because the dragon chassis was not that great. A factory iqr is 52 inch's wide and has wide running boards, Thats not a good combo for the steep and deep.
If you take any of the race sleds poo cat ski and install the proper tunnle, skiny front end and cut 50 lbs off of it you will have a nice sled for the mts.

I think cat is doing the right thing by looking at the race chassis and turning it into a mts sled. cus thats what polaris did and people seem to like it.

I have a 05 iqr 600 with a rmk front end and soft suspention, its a dream to drive in the mts
I also have a 08 iqr with a cfi 800 all stock suspention and i would say it drives like a tree stump in an eath quake.

just to make my point clear.. The pro rmk chassis is very close to the iqr as far a dementions. It has light parts ,tapered tunnle skinny front end and diferent body

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5WmzHe1Wcs&feature=related

this will help 4:40 -5:00 is where thay say the race sled was the starting point and they needed to find a cheep way to build it for the consumer.

I think the new cat will be better then the old one. But it all gets back into $$$$$$ race sleds are cheap and can be built to get around the hills just fine and you dont need to spend $12,000

Last edited:
Premium Features