• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m1000--no spark?

J
Dec 1, 2007
Lake Roosevelt Wa.
Mine did the same thing. Look at every wire in that sled. Wires are pinched underneath the gas tank and wires will rub in the bulk head area in front of the left side foot well. Check the wires thru the tunnel to the rear tail light. Mine were rubbed and pinched in every place you could imagine. Poor workmanship on Arctic Cat's part. Mine would quit when it got hot, let it set amd cool completely down then it would start and run good for another 10 minutes. Mine has an issue now of cutting out at wide open throttle. Cuts out as soon as you put the lever to the bar. Got any suggestions. Good Luck. I've had mine to 4 dealers and none of them found anything.

M
Nov 29, 2007
WI/MN/WY
07 m1000 just quit while riding today and would not start again. it has no spark, any ideas?

Pretty much had the same thing happen to me as well on my 07' M8. What happened on mine was the stator decided to take a dump. You can run some resistance tests off the stator to see if that is indeed the problem. I believe the primary and secondary coils are supposed to be between 7.2 and 14 ohms but I am not positive and don't have the service manual handy. I also know the wires that need to be tested are in a cluster of three and the harness is way down by the recoil. I believe the wires were red/green, white/brown, and maybe green/brown. I think the white/brown was the ground for both the coils and then either red/green or green/brown was the primary or secondary coils.

Premium Features