• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

6000$ CAD which kit do you buy

C
Dec 28, 2018
So ive got a 2017 husky FE 501 will all the KTM&Husky parts IE vortex, desmog, fuel rail all the good stuff... so runs good solid bike... got 6000$ CAD budget for a kit im 180lbs and consider myself a moderately talented rider on the dirt. So my question is which kit do I look for new or used. leaning towards either camso or Timbersled 120 or ARO 120/129 on the high end mostly low elevation riding but would take it to the hills a few times a year. sorry I know this question is probably beat to death but this forum is a little daunting to read back through. Ive read quite a bit about the camso and a lot about it seems good for what I would be doing but the timbersled kind of calls to me for more of a playful kit. Ive only ever rode a yeti 129 and I think those are nice although I think out of my price range. Am I on the right track is there anything in the years of the kits I am looking at to stay away from. Any opinions are welcome thanks.

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
Look for a used CMX 120 or 129 with the updated track. They are durable, mount 3-4” further forward toward the bike, have light ski pressure, are easy to turn, playful and very low rolling resistance. Top all that off with superb customer service. I found my ‘16 CMX 129 for $5200 CAD and had to travel 3 hours one way for it.

Last edited:

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
well

can't beat the price of the new RIOT

Shops are trying to unload 2019 ARO for under 5K

Any moderately used TS 120 16-18 for cheap and add an ARO ski would be great.

seems used Yeti all over on CList, guys trying to recoop some of their investment but as much $$ as a 2019 holdover on sale.

wait until July, they are cheaper yet, bought all my bikes and kits in the off season just from word of mouth friends that needed cash.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Its a totally different market in Canada. CMX basically is non existent, TS Riot will be over $6K CDN, Yeti will also be over $6k leaving no room for accessories and all the other crap he will need. If your budget is $6k then your choices are pretty much a used TS, or a new Camso 2019. Between those two choices you have to decide what type of riding you are going to do. If you will be riding powder I would pick the Camso if you are ditch banging and riding whoops a lot I might lean towards a TS even better if you can find one with a TSS.

M5

Premium Features