• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What oil do you mix with your gas?

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
For those of you that add oil to your gas, I am wondering what kind of oil you are mixing with your gas. My 660 has been running poorly lately and when I took the fuel filter off I could barely blow through it after almost 1,000 miles. When I cut the fuel filter apart it was very oily inside. I have been mixing Red Line oil in in my gas (1/2 oz. per gallon of gas) and it does not mix very well with the gas. May be great for the injection but not to mix. Am looking for ideas for a different oil to mix.
Thanks

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
For those of you that add oil to your gas, I am wondering what kind of oil you are mixing with your gas. My 660 has been running poorly lately and when I took the fuel filter off I could barely blow through it after almost 1,000 miles. When I cut the fuel filter apart it was very oily inside. I have been mixing Red Line oil in in my gas (1/2 oz. per gallon of gas) and it does not mix very well with the gas. May be great for the injection but not to mix. Am looking for ideas for a different oil to mix.
Thanks

Good question, I have been wondering about this but I hear after 2 years these filters are plugged anyway.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I have been putting 1 oz of red line per gallon of fuel for the last three years. It was getting so I could not even make it a season without the filter plugging up. Did the alternate fuel filter change (now using the wix ford filter) and has been working great. It is 4 times the size of the stock fuel filter and I can also change filters in less than 5 minutes. Have not had to yet since I did that a year ago.

Premium Features