• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Starting?

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
2013 Polaris Pro RMK 800 sat in the trailer a couple of days after riding at South Fork CO. Wouldn't start with electric start, Battery eventually got weak so I tried pulling it.

Started on the 2nd pull.

Why would that be? Ice in fuel line? Non oxy fuel.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Trailer was at 11,500', Rode rest of day using the starter once the battery recharged again.

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
don't know why, but i've had that happen on a '12, '14, and '15. always in the morning after a hard day of riding. was never a problem after.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
First I would check the chassis grounds that hook to the stupid little bumper mount tab on the upper structure. All the chassis grounds are at that location and any looseness or corrosion will spell trouble for you. Note it may not be visible corrosion, take them loose clean them well, protect them from corrosion reoccurring with dielectric grease or even Vaseline in a pinch and reassemble tightly.

I really wish Polaris would stop outsourcing the wiring harnesses to the lowest bidder in China.

I'm just guessing here; battery charge is marginal and the draw from the electric start motor is either not allowing the fuel pump to run to it's needed potential or the ECU is not getting the current feed it needs. These are likely to be bad ground related. IMO

Last edited:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
My 12 and 14 both had starting issues more then once after a 10,000ft change in altitude while in the trailer. always figured it was a fuel issue, but this was on non-electric start sleds. Eric

Premium Features