• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pic of rush bulkhead cooler in pro

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
It does fit...one from a normal rmk or sba woulda worked much easier. Rush cooler is about 2in taller and required cutting the plate between the tunnel and original bulkhead blockoff plate.

Rush coolers are much easier to find though.

1027151849.jpg 1027151908.jpg

Last edited:

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
I have the RMK front cooler, do you guys think it should be run in a series instead of the way it is now? Anyone done this? I have a couple of the Ski-Doo external thermostats around was planning on throwing one on. Just grabbing opinions/theories before starting to throw this sled back together.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Ok, that is what I was thinking when I looked at it, like you said the inlet and outlets are smaller and didn't think that would work or I'd being trying to neck down (restrict). Thanks!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
RMK front cooler does not have the flow capacity to run in series unless you modify it with larger inlet/outlets.... lots of work.

"Lots of work"?

That depends entirely on your individual skill set. For a skilled fabricator with aluminum talent that is about a 20 minute modification. Once the engine is out and anti-freeze is drained.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
It wouldn't be much of a job for me, just wasn't on my list. What are the thoughts on the standard RMK, does it need much more cooling, or will running it in a series provide that much more (better)? Has anyone else done this, big pain in the arse would be to do it and have to go back.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
inlet outlet.

Going parallel with my setup now. Inlet is 1" outlet 3/4". Front cooler will tap in to the unused port by thermostat housing and back into the coolant bottle via the top unused nozzle.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
"Lots of work" means taking your sled apart...Pulling the engine, cutting off the old barbs, fabricating the bend-nipples needed, fitting and cutting the cooler in/out holes and welding them on with precision....then putting the sled back together...

For many, would be considered a lot of work.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I could mod that cooler in 10 minutes;) and I'm sure from what I've read on here there are guys that could just think about it and it'd be done!!! It's just that easy...

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Stock tunnel coolers have been cut out of my tunnel and replaced with a 3' unit made from CR Racing extrusion. Can see part of it in the second pic.
I think the stock 3/4" outlet will be fine to run in constant circulation on its own loop.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Update...
Tried to put my peak 2.5 track in and no fitty. Hits the bulkhead cooler at about 1 o'clock when looking at the chaincase side. Err. 7 tooth drivers and mod chain case here I come.
My custom tunnel cooler also required more room hence the smaller drivers are going on.
Assault track does fit though. So if you had one of them or a trimmed 5.1 that would work.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Update

I've put about 400 mi on this setup so far. Went with oem polaris hose to the lower port and used a 1" tee too hook the top port to the bottom coolant hose.

Running this chop tunnel sled now with a external silber kit w/ 5 psi spring @ 1100ft.

Everything fits fine now with 7 tooth drivers and chaincase mod spinning a peak 2.5...had to throw the stock comp track on for the wknd since the peak decided it didn't like it's lugs.

Runs hotter than a stock pro on trail but the same when youre in snow.

Put a rmk style cooler in the wife's 14 pro with all the oem parts...about 6 hrs start to finish now and can do it for under 200 if you find the cooler for about a hundred bucks.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Comes from unused port in head and out teeing into 1" line between bottle and water pump.

Had it returning to the top coolant bottle nozzle but had to change because it wasn't gonna work with turbo.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Pic

Lower hose is connected to unused port in head.
Tee is connected to the 1" fitting out the top of cooler

Everything is very tight with the 'exhaust fan' installed

20160229_190049.jpg

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Clearance is plenty with the comp track and 7 tooth. Can use stock drivers with this track, but I'm going to be running a 2.5

20160229_190247.jpg

Premium Features