• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket E-start bendix

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I have run into the same issues. Wish they would have made the gear on the back of th clutch sacrificial versus the starter pinion gear. Way easier to pull the clutch then it is to pull the pinion assembly.

Let us know if you find a cross fitment.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Good find on the WPS part number.

WPS 12-3011G $59.95 replaces
Polaris part number 1204372 $122.99 (Babbits)

I'll see about ordering one of those up and let you know what I find.
Might be able to USPS one up to you if they work.

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Thanks for the offer Murph. Using a bolt, I chucked the gear up in a drill and held it up against my bench grinder while both were spinning to square up the teeth again. Probably removed about 1/16". Then I used my angle grinder to put the bevel back on the nondrive side of each tooth. It used to grind 9 times out of 10, now works like new.

picture.php

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Anyone use the WPS replacement?

Anyone install and use the WPS replacement identified? I have an E start take off with a really worn Bendix and would feel better selling it with a new one installed. Likely sell faster as well because the tire kickers suffer sticker shock at the Polaris MSRP for the Bendix.

Anyone a WPS dealer that wants to deal? Thanks!

Just ordered one from the guys
https://www.yocracing.com/accessory_store/store/yoc_viewitem.asp?idproduct=817930
Less than $50 shipped when you select the cheaper USPS shipping option.

Last edited:
Premium Features