• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

home brew polaris gas rack

S
Oct 23, 2008
ak/mn
check out my home made gas rack for the pro rmk. I bought everything at ACE (less the angle piece, left overs). I think it cost around $25 and took 2 hours. Plus if I loose the gas can I can always go and buy another one from Walmart for cheap.

IMG_0880.jpg IMG_0881.jpg

Last edited:
R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
I don't see pics, but I did a custom build from Ace as well. :) ~20 bucks sure beats the 80+ for aftermarket. Sure its not as pretty, but it gets the job done for me and I feel a bit accomplished by building something myself.

01rack.jpg

03rack.jpg

04rack.jpg

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
I don't see pics, but I did a custom build from Ace as well. :) ~20 bucks sure beats the 80+ for aftermarket. Sure its not as pretty, but it gets the job done for me and I feel a bit accomplished by building something myself.

01rack.jpg

03rack.jpg

04rack.jpg
Looks good only recommendation is put something between the tunnel and gas can. The plastic can can acctually rub in to the exchangers.

capnkirk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2010
Appleton, WI
Looks good only recommendation is put something between the tunnel and gas can. The plastic can can acctually rub in to the exchangers.

my exact thoughts. i have the poo gas rack and the can sits just above the tunnel on the rails of the rack, more like the second pics... but still finds a way to scratch it. i think the built up snow, and debris collect in there and do their worst.

otherwise great ingenuity tho.:yo:

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
built mine for my 2011 assault. cost 15 bucks at the metal mart took about 2 hours. Going to build one now for my wifes dragon that we just picked up.

I wouldn't have much faith in the very small bungee cords you have holding the tank down.

I used two matching mouse pads and glued the fabric sides together to go under my jug. The glue looked suspect so I stitched around the edges. The straps I made for a couple bucks in parts.

Tahoe54

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
I realize this is an old thread but what size and thickness angle stock and rod did you guys go with?

Premium Features