• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3" track, 36" A-Arms, Pro-Motion on 2014 PRO RMK

Nov 23, 2015
I dont post. But I do read a lot on here and thought I'd share my experience here:

I finally had a chance to get out and really test my new 3" (X3) track with a 36" A-Arms (Alternative Impact) , and a pro-motion (Ice Age performance) on my 2014 PRO RMK. These well though out mods made me fall in love with my sled all over again!
3" track x 156" completely changed the sled! By far my favourite modification, it allows me to SLOW down and really control my sled with ease... traction is unbelievable! ...
:face-icon-small-hap

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I felt the same way with my '11 after installing these parts.

Pro-motion: It sure helps initiate turns and makes things much easier/smoother (i like easier/smoother as i have a messed up lower back). The downside is that it can make things too easy, especially with 37" arms up front. Its very easy to over-lean and can be tippy. I am going to try it with my skis out a little wider, might be a bit more stable.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I dont post. But I do read a lot on here and thought I'd share my experience here:

I finally had a chance to get out and really test my new 3" (X3) track with a 36" A-Arms (Alternative Impact) , and a pro-motion (Ice Age performance) on my 2014 PRO RMK. These well though out mods made me fall in love with my sled all over again!
3" track x 156" completely changed the sled! By far my favourite modification, it allows me to SLOW down and really control my sled with ease... traction is unbelievable! ...
:face-icon-small-hap

I did all the same stuff, and it was a game changer, then
I bought my axys.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Do you find the axys THAT much better than a Pro with all of these mods? If so, what exactly?

yes, I feel the AXYS is amazing, even compared to the modded pro. the AXYS chassis, as a whole is just easier to ride, less effort in all situations. noticeable power increase. not to mention just the fit and finish of the sled is hands down better. the pro is a great chassis, but the axys I feel was as much an improvement over the pro as the pro was over the dragon

R
Nov 27, 2007
Northern California
the pro is a great chassis, but the axys I feel was as much an improvement over the pro as the pro was over the dragon
WOW! Coming from someone that is just finally made the transition from a RAW to the Pro last year, this is a bummer. lol. Just when I thought I was feeling all warm and fuzzy inside about my 2 Pro chassis sleds. :face-icon-small-con

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
yes, I feel the AXYS is amazing, even compared to the modded pro. the AXYS chassis, as a whole is just easier to ride, less effort in all situations. noticeable power increase. not to mention just the fit and finish of the sled is hands down better. the pro is a great chassis, but the axys I feel was as much an improvement over the pro as the pro was over the dragon
I didn't have that experience, but I still own a Pro chassis. A couple of friends rented some new 155 AXYS sleds last season, so we got to compare against my Pro 155 with 36" A-arms. The 2.6" track on the AXYS blew away my 2.4" track, but my Pro handled significantly better.

One bud, a very accomplished rider that rode the AXYS for several days prior, jumped on my sled, rode it for 10 minutes and then said, "Wow, this is the way a sled should handle!". Direct quote.

So, to fix the only deficiency of my sled, I put on an X3 track. It's amazing now. Wouldn't even trade it for a new stock AXYS. However, an AXYS with 36" arms would be the bomb, but I'll stick with the sled that's paid for.

Just my $.02

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
there's nothing wrong with a pro chassis in fact I think it get up on top of the snow better than the axys. Both running 2.6 tracks.

Nov 23, 2015
I didn't have that experience, but I still own a Pro chassis. A couple of friends rented some new 155 AXYS sleds last season, so we got to compare against my Pro 155 with 36" A-arms. The 2.6" track on the AXYS blew away my 2.4" track, but my Pro handled significantly better.

One bud, a very accomplished rider that rode the AXYS for several days prior, jumped on my sled, rode it for 10 minutes and then said, "Wow, this is the way a sled should handle!". Direct quote.

So, to fix the only deficiency of my sled, I put on an X3 track. It's amazing now. Wouldn't even trade it for a new stock AXYS. However, an AXYS with 36" arms would be the bomb, but I'll stick with the sled that's paid for.

Just my $.02

I took a Demo Axys out for 30 minutes and was of the same impressions... I felt a little more power but handling-wise.. I felt my Pro with 36" was just as easy to ride. Fit and Finish was exactly the same. I bought my sled $8499 new VS $14999 for an Axys (early 2016) Im glad I got my PRO and saved a bunch of money.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

^^^^^
Adjust the suspension on both sleds to your preference and the axys is noticeably easier to ride through every line/obstacle.

You can't compare your own sled set how you like it to a random stocker.
After riding 10 different pros and 5 different axys chassis sleds........
My experience.......

I
Nov 26, 2007
The axys is a better sled, but the pro is still very capable. Locally low mileage 13+ pros are going for 5g, with axys' still above 10g used it's an easy choice.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I will say i hated the shocks on the AXYS coming off my pro that had revalved float 3 evols. But a revalve fixed that. I also messed with suspension settings the first few rides and it made all the difference. Now i have kmod 37 front and it handles perfect for me. Like i said, night and day better than the pro. But the pro isnt a slouch

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

oldsno

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2009
I have to chime in here. On my 3rd pro. My twin younger brothers both have axys. A little more power and easier in the initial roll into the hill.They are both piped I'm not. Are they improved? Yes in many ways. The downside more electrical issues, worse mileage, in deep conditions more prone to have intake issues,2.6 track issues...we have owned about 10 pros between us so....just my opinion...as stated both great sleds....

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I have to chime in here. On my 3rd pro. My twin younger brothers both have axys. A little more power and easier in the initial roll into the hill.They are both piped I'm not. Are they improved? Yes in many ways. The downside more electrical issues, worse mileage, in deep conditions more prone to have intake issues,2.6 track issues...we have owned about 10 pros between us so....just my opinion...as stated both great sleds....
Only issue ive had is a voltage regulator

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Premium Features