• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 M8 runs then dies, help....

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
2008 M8 started acting funny yesterday, it would cut out, then after cooling off for a bit, would start and run good. As the day wore on it started happening more often. By the end of the day it would run for about 30 seconds,and then die. We ruled out the key switch. Is/was there a known issue with this? Stator? ECU? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, Skylar.

M

mooseman800

Jan 12, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
My M8 did the same thing. It was the sensor in the pipe. I replaced the sensor, after noticing the occasional code, not always throwing a code, and never had the issue since. My experience... but my breakdown happened at the top of the mountain in Revelstoke in a blizzard. After it cooled down, it took me awhile to ride out because as soon as it got to operating temp, it would stall. Very, very aggravating.

I
Oct 25, 2010
Ardrossan, Alberta
after cat reflashed my ecu i had the same problem no codes and then it would just stop. You would let it sit for a while and then it would just run fine, i eventually got another ecu and haven't had a issue since

Premium Features