• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 rev 800 problems.

S
Dec 31, 2010
I have a 2006 summit 800 h.o and i was in cooke city last week and it ran great ! but i got back to north dakota and took it for a little ride and it locked up but after i pulled on it three times it let free and i was going back and then the engine light came on. and i got to looking at it and pulled the plugs to do a compression check on it, the spark plug caps were broken and i was wondering if that would have any effect on it locking up like that? i know it would cause a miss fire with the caps being shot! but i was just wondering if anyone could give me a couple little things to look at because the sled is in great shape with 2000 miles on it and i don't want to get rid of it because i love the sled.

thanks

C

Climbit

Nov 26, 2007
Terrace BC
Sounds exactly like why happened to my sled at 2041 miles. It ended up being a ring that caught and broke. I kept riding it which was a huge mistake because not only did I have to replace the top end, I had to do the bottom end as well.

I would suggest that at minimum you pull the head and check things out. Check out RK Tek for rebuild options if you need .

I rebuilt mine as an 827 with Kelsey's head and porting, I love it.

S
Dec 31, 2010
well after tearing it apart.. i found that the rings were fine but the jug was crack and the piston was all scratched up! this is on the pro side which only had a compression reading of 30. but i didn't find any pieces in there.. some one told me my crank bearing could have went out and pieces could have came up in my jug and caused that to happen.. any one have any other suggestions?? thanks again

R
Dec 12, 2007
Orting, WA
well after tearing it apart.. i found that the rings were fine but the jug was crack and the piston was all scratched up! this is on the pro side which only had a compression reading of 30. but i didn't find any pieces in there.. some one told me my crank bearing could have went out and pieces could have came up in my jug and caused that to happen.. any one have any other suggestions?? thanks again

Call Big John at Sled Head Racing.

Premium Features