• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spy Goggles, which frame which lens

Griz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
Have a set of blizzards and love them. Need another set but they don't make them any more. I believe the choices are now Targa II, Omega and Zed.
Which frame and why?
What lense and why?
Ride the mountains of southwest BC in mixed lighting conditions.

Thanks!

P

paulw22

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2008
Grande Prairie, AB
I have Targa 2, I think they are made for a helmet, no slip rubber all the way around. Double lens, they don't fog up to bad. I hade the lens that comes with them its alright if its bright. Got the yellow lens now just as good in the bright but realy good for those dull flat days. Its the only pair I have had but I seem to have less problems than the other guys in my group.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I have nothing against 509's, but Spy goggles absolutely work. All motor sport specific goggles that you listed. You really can't knock them at all. The targa II's are going to take the same lens as your old Blizzards. Hence, it will have a somewhat similar fit. The best peripheral vision of any goggle I've worn.
The Zed's are really nice. However, they seem to be a little more narrow. Come with 2 lenses. And are a pressure sealed preformed lens.
The Omega has become my favorite. The largest frame and best coverage of the 3.
All 3 have 100% UV protection. And scoop vent system.

Matt you can buy these ones off me.Brand new$50
gogglespy2.jpg

A

arctic matt

Nov 29, 2007
Cache Valley Ut.
I'm no goggle expert by any means, but I can tell you that I have been very pleasantly surprised with my targas. when I finally lose this pair I will probably go with the 509's because I've heard a lot about those, but until then, I'll stay with my Spy's. I have the orange lens. I don't know if that is the best shade or not, but it matches my hemet:D Like I said...I'm no expert!

F
Nov 30, 2007
Sexsmith, AB
How come no one has mentioned the SPY Orbits or the soldier goggles??? They have curved lenses that don't give you any distortion when you put the on your face. I have a set of Orbits and Soldier and love them both. The Orbits are a bit larger and may be tight in a small helmet. The best all round lense is Persimmon. (spy tint) Like already mentioned, it's hard to knock any good brand these days. I also have a cheap pair of Oakley L-Frames that allow me to ride with my glasses that are awesome also.

Premium Features