• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 m1000 cutting out at full throttle

K
Jan 16, 2017
So I have a 2008 m1000 that isn't running right. The sled idles and runs great until about 3/4 throttle it begins to cut out about every second. It seems to be very patterned so I'm skeptical that it's not anything to do with a short or loose ground. I did change the plugs but it didn't make any difference. I'm not sure if this is the culprit, but I did have to install a new secondary and belt after last season. It sat over the summer as I never got the chance to ride it until this winter, and it has never ran right this season. The timing of things makes me want to believe it's something with the new secondary but I'm not sure what could be wrong with that. Any advice helps! Thanks in advance!

S
Feb 19, 2017
try disconnecting the power valves from the servo and also disconnect the cable at the power valves and make sure the cable moves freely when you pull on one side of the cable. Also, does it cut out when you run it on the stand?

wintercat

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2009
So I have a 2008 m1000 that isn't running right. The sled idles and runs great until about 3/4 throttle it begins to cut out about every second. It seems to be very patterned so I'm skeptical that it's not anything to do with a short or loose ground. I did change the plugs but it didn't make any difference. I'm not sure if this is the culprit, but I did have to install a new secondary and belt after last season. It sat over the summer as I never got the chance to ride it until this winter, and it has never ran right this season. The timing of things makes me want to believe it's something with the new secondary but I'm not sure what could be wrong with that. Any advice helps! Thanks in advance!
Sounds to me, it may be your Rev limiter. Check your tac while its missing and see what rpm your at.

Premium Features