• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Limiter strap on 850

stock setting was alot of fun, then after a few rides I used to my tunnel adjustment lever to suck it up two spots and woohoo it climbs waaaay better! There is too much lift in stock position I think for optimal climbing set up, but sure is fun to wheelie so easy. Try it sucked up and you'll probably like it better as its easier to handle and trenches less IMO.

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Mine came with the bolt in the 3rd hole and the front track shock all the way loose (no preload - mine's an SP). I think the rear springs and ski shocks were on 2. Sled climbed like a goat, but had more ski pressure than I prefer (more than my XM) and fought me while carving in thin pow. I moved it up to the second hole and it's way better. Seems like this skid has a lot more transfer than the XM, as moving it a single hole made a huge difference. Still climbs fine IMO, but I haven't taken it to the limit. I'm probably going to add an adjustable limiter, as I'd like to run it a bit looser for all around riding (but not a whole lot looser, like the first hole would deliver), but still be able to reduce transfer if I have climb something steep and long. Anybody have any negative experiences with the Doo adjustable strap?

Last edited:
K
Oct 4, 2009
SW Idaho
I have the limiter strap installed and it works. I tested it on groomed trail on both long and short settings and very definite affect on ski lift. Some times hard to change when full of snow but mostly I tend to ride instead of fiddle with it. Long and short of it_ it works

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
It depends on track length and lug height. I have a 154 with 3" lug. I sucked it up two holes mid season and like it much better. Trenches way less and climbs better. I have a high end front skid shock that resists bottom out better than stock. By sucking it up that much you will bottom out more on the whoops especially. My sleds a trencher, so sucking it up was great for me.

T
Dec 19, 2016
Mapleton Utah
More info

The most info I find is guys saying all different settings. How and when do I adjust is it sometsomething you play with on the mountain? I'm 180 with a 154 3" sp and like riding the steep pines but find myself in hard steep pulls sometimes. I want flickable More then anything.

Last edited:

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I had mine on the third hole and center shock loose and it was ok, I since installed an adjustable limiter and set it to adjust from hole 2 to 4. I increased the center shock to second notch ( SP). It's fun on 2 but if you have to climb a hill go to 4.

M

Mountain_Man

Apr 17, 2014
Western Montana
The most info I find is guys saying all different settings. How and when do I adjust is it sometsomething you play with on the mountain? I'm 180 with a 154 3" sp and like riding the steep pines but find myself in hard steep pulls sometimes. I want flickable More then anything.

I would encourage you to try the different settings for yourself and find out what you like best.

Premium Features