• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MotoTrax Q&A

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
Hello everyone,

My name is Danny and I work for MotoTrax. The 2016-17 snowbiking season is fast approching and we are more excited then ever! It has been an exciting year for us as we have launched our new line of kits: Trax.Enduro, Trax.Mountain, and Trax.Motocross. We are rolling into the upcoming season strong and we have an ever growing group of very satisfied customers.

I am sure that many of you have questions about our company and kits since we are still relatively new to the market. This thread is being made so that I can answer those questions. I will be monitoring it closely so I can reply to as many of you as possible. I will do my best to respond to all questions but I may miss a few so feel free to ask a question more than once if it has not been answered yet. Also, I will try to be as frank and honest as possible, but keep in mind that we are functioning in a very competitive industry right now so there will be some information that I cannot share for business reasons. Lastly, I am here to answer questions about our company and product, not put down or insult any of our competitors. Please be kind and respectful to everyone.

With all of that said, lets get this Q&A Started!
What are your questions?

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
Thank you for offering to answer questions.

It has been mentioned "less rolling resistance" . I realize this might be hard to measure but how is this achieved with Moto Trax and is it noticeable? It would be great to utilize some smaller cc bikes.

Thank you!

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
There are two reasons behind why we are able to accomplish less rolling resistance. First, our skid utilizes a single shock, single swing arm rising rate linkage suspension design that allows us to run and maintain lower track tension. Second, we have upgraded to 8" idler wheels. These two features help are kit put more of your bikes power to the ground, and it is definitely noticeable when riding. We have a 250f in our demo fleet this year so we'll get you out on it so you can experience it for yourself, its very impressive how well our kit works on the smaller cc bikes!

SoDakCat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Stickney SD
Fist I would just like to say that I think that it's awesome that a company would go out of their way to make themselves available to answer customers and potential customers questions about their kit like this.

Are you guys looking at making any other tracks available for your kit? I think a light weight track like the new camso kit/yeti track with a straight profile would be great.

Can you swap the rails on your kit? If a person buys a 120 kit and decides they want a 129 or 137 can they bolt on the longer rails and bigger track and be good to go?

Have you guys weighed the finalized versions of your kits to see how they stack up to other kits?

The long track comes with a custom gas can. Got any pictures of that?

When are you expecting to start shipping kits?

M
Oct 28, 2015
Central Montana
New Carve Ski

Earlier this summer I inquired to your company about the new Carve ski you were developing. It was still in development and pictures were unavailable. I am replacing the Raptor front end this winter and would like to see pictures, description of the ski (advantages over others), and pricing info? I've been watching the website but have seen no updates. Thanks and let it snow.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Earlier this summer I inquired to your company about the new Carve ski you were developing. It was still in development and pictures were unavailable. I am replacing the Raptor front end this winter and would like to see pictures, description of the ski (advantages over others), and pricing info? I've been watching the website but have seen no updates. Thanks and let it snow.
They posted pictures a few weeks ago....looked good..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Can you kits fit the 70 degree Husaberg bikes, 2009-2012?

Currently have a FE390 and modified my subframe to fit my 2015 Timbersled w/ TSS kit but I love the design of the single moto shock and how much of a dirtbike 'feel' your kit seems to have!

We have crap snow here at sea level, so its mostly ditch banging and flat trails.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Ya, thought about the weight but with a track cut 13 or 14 wide and the track frame to match I think it would be a great platform.
I think the 1190 weighs like 420 430 so after stripping off stuff ya don't need sub 400 with the right track and ski could be fun.
Not throw it in the air fun but with that power, going through the trees and up hill would be interesting....

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Ya, thought about the weight but with a track cut 13 or 14 wide and the track frame to match I think it would be a great platform.
I think the 1190 weighs like 420 430 so after stripping off stuff ya don't need sub 400 with the right track and ski could be fun.
Not throw it in the air fun but with that power, going through the trees and up hill would be interesting....

How many hp does it have though for that weight? With a cr500 and some work you can hit 70 with the liver you can hit 100 with a turbo 4 banger you can hit 100 hp plus with out alt loss... And would be much more nimble... At the end of the day small and nimble will equal more fun ... You do not want to flip 4 to 500 pounds upside down...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
KTM Adventure

How many hp does it have though for that weight? With a cr500 and some work you can hit 70 with the liver you can hit 100 with a turbo 4 banger you can hit 100 hp plus with out alt loss... And would be much more nimble... At the end of the day small and nimble will equal more fun ... You do not want to flip 4 to 500 pounds upside down...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Adventure makes right around 150 to 154 depending on elevation
and there are some mods that add some more horsepower beyond that
so I think it would turn a pretty aggressive track ok..... As far as flipping it upside down, that's not my thing anyway and from the vids I've seen it looks like a lot of riding sitting down is the way.

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
Hey everyone!
Sorry for the delayed response, we've had a busy weekend at Washougal MX and the Big Nasty Hill Climb! I will start by answering the shipping questions...we will be shipping out our first run of kits the end of this month so anyone that snow checked a kit should have their kits the beginning/middle of October. I will post the rendered pictures of the ski on this feed and as soon as we have our hands on the finished product, which should be next week, I will post a new feed with those pictures and all the details. I will try to get more information and some pictures of the wheel kit and post them on here this week or at the latest, middle of next week. We don't have a fit kit for the 1190 at this time, but that doesn't mean its not possible. That would be a custom job and something we might be able to take on but I would have to check with the boss on that one!

I love seeing all these questions, keep them coming!

Premium Features