• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Field testing new prototype 2016 uppers and spindles Barcode 365

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
So we finally got enough snow to get our prototype 2016 kit out for a shake down. Had a good chance to compare the our 2015 kit with the new 2016 spindles. Side be side comparison we couldn't really tell much difference. Both got on edge equally easily and we were able to hold there equally easily. We did notice that the 2016 spindles made backing up more of a challenge. This is due to the added camber of the new 2016 spindle. But over all, not much different beside the look.
Now form the stock 2016 to our 2015 kit there is a substantial difference. We found that we could get the sled on edge easer with our kit. And found it more predictable on edge. And the same from the stock 2016 to our 2016 prototype kit.

Cheers

Allan

ps were also working on a air box mod (for NA Vipers)that really makes a "seat of the pants" difference. More to come on that

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
I have a kit and I sure like it. I've been on the new 2016 stock so I got to compare the two. I don't have any regrets with my Barcode front suspension. My sled now is easier to turn and side hill then a Poo or Doo. That's my experience.

J
Jan 7, 2016
I have a kit and I sure like it. I've been on the new 2016 stock so I got to compare the two. I don't have any regrets with my Barcode front suspension. My sled now is easier to turn and side hill then a Poo or Doo. That's my experience.

Awesome! Im leaning toward their kit too.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
I've taken some video on my gopro of this suspension, I'll try to share it. I'm not good with computers so I'll do my best, as you can tell from my last pictures. I've put about 250 miles on this kit and really like it. It's been a great improvement to my sled, I would say night and day compared to stock 2015 suspension. I've also been on the new 2016 and like mine more. I've been able to take difficult line through the tight trees with ease and predictability. I find it very enjoyable to ride and I'm not tired from physically fighting the sled, it does the work for me. When other riders see what I can do on this sled, their opinions change from all the negative stigma to realizing these sleds work very well in the mountains, granted you have a turbo. I stand behind Barcode's product, it's well built and performs like a champ. If you're on the fence with want kit to get I would buy this one. That's my honest opinion. It will put a smile on your face.

QUOTE=Motorbreath_;3918358]I'd sure love to see some riding in the hills with this kit. I can't seem to find anything online only your videos on flat land..[/QUOTE]

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I've taken some video on my gopro of this suspension, I'll try to share it. I'm not good with computers so I'll do my best, as you can tell from my last pictures. I've put about 250 miles on this kit and really like it. It's been a great improvement to my sled, I would say night and day compared to stock 2015 suspension. I've also been on the new 2016 and like mine more. I've been able to take difficult line through the tight trees with ease and predictability. I find it very enjoyable to ride and I'm not tired from physically fighting the sled, it does the work for me. When other riders see what I can do on this sled, their opinions change from all the negative stigma to realizing these sleds work very well in the mountains, granted you have a turbo. I stand behind Barcode's product, it's well built and performs like a champ. If you're on the fence with want kit to get I would buy this one. That's my honest opinion. It will put a smile on your face.

QUOTE=Motorbreath_;3918358]I'd sure love to see some riding in the hills with this kit. I can't seem to find anything online only your videos on flat land..
[/QUOTE]

Did you get any videos up yet?

Premium Features