• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How important are good heated grips to you?

B
Jan 23, 2012
Colorado
Wow, that's an interesting little unit! Would sure be easier to use jumping a bike or sled than jumper cables. Will be interesting to see how they hold up (since some of the various lithium battery manufacturers seem to still be working out the durability bugs on their lithium batteries). That DirtWheels magazine article was interesting in how many times they could jump start the atv and a pickup. Might be worth having one of these because I could carry it on the snowbike, snowmobile, ATV, sidexside, dirtbike, motorcycles and car/truck. Probably good for a boater, too. Thanks, bfly, for posting!

Yea, it is a pretty cool idea. I picked one up and carry it in the car most of the time (takes up less space than jumper cables). It will be in my pack for snow bike season and with me on motorcycle road trips as well.

One thing to keep in mind, since it is a LiFePO4 battery it has the same cold temperature issues as the LiFePO4 bike batteries. It is small enough to put in your jacket pocket to warm it up if needed though.

V
Sep 22, 2008
Ok with all the hype about these AME hot grips ,I pulled the trigger and installed a pair on my 2009 WR450f ,followed the simple instructions to a T ,what a DISAPPOINMENT,I was expecting to burn my hands on level 6 ,what a joke ,the cheapos from WPS out performed .

Last edited:
D

DieselTwitch

Dec 23, 2007
Gunnison, Colorado
Heated grips are a must for me. The other day when i rode it was -10 to -15 where I was at. I also use the over the large mitts that goes over the bars to put your hands in, that with the heaters on low is awesome.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Ok with all the hype about these AME hot grips ,I pulled the trigger and installed a pair on my 2009 WR450f ,followed the simple instructions to a T ,what a DISAPPOINMENT,I was expecting to burn my hands on level 6 ,what a joke ,the cheapos from WPS out performed .

That certainly hasn't been my experience. Or any of the reports we have received back from happy customers. Did you purchase these threw Cyclops or somewhere else?
You do know a wr has very little dc power Correct? did your battery go dead?

xpx5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
south dakota
i just ordered the heated gloves from venture heat...hope i dont get burnt... i just dont wanna have issues with my 010 yz450..

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
i just ordered the heated gloves from venture heat...hope i dont get burnt... i just dont wanna have issues with my 010 yz450..

Im sure you'll love the heated gloves. Try not to get them to wet.
There is No reason to think that running electrical stuff from your injected yz will cause the bike any issues.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Hows it going?

We have set up several guys here with the multi function switch and our modded AME kits for the efi bikes. Any thoughts or feed back from any one?
Should we change anything?

KTM 450SX-F & YZ450F

We installed the 600 series penetrator, AME heated grips and a Trail Tech HD stator on our 2013 KTM 450SX-Fs (we have 2 of them). So it is no problem with getting the bigger stator to run both as some were concerned. My issue is our latest conversion on a 2011 YZ450F, there is no heavy duty stator available.

I talked to everyone in the stator business (Trail Tech and Ricky Stator) nothing will be available as there is not enough room in the cases of the YZ. However, if we only run one at a time, there shouldn't be a problem. Without adding a battery, does anyone know how they are hooking up the AME grips on the YZ?

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
We installed the 600 series penetrator, AME heated grips and a Trail Tech HD stator on our 2013 KTM 450SX-Fs (we have 2 of them). So it is no problem with getting the bigger stator to run both as some were concerned. My issue is our latest conversion on a 2011 YZ450F, there is no heavy duty stator available.

I talked to everyone in the stator business (Trail Tech and Ricky Stator) nothing will be available as there is not enough room in the cases of the YZ. However, if we only run one at a time, there shouldn't be a problem. Without adding a battery, does anyone know how they are hooking up the AME grips on the YZ?

You should be able to run both on the yz, using the multifunction switch/Yz harness and the Cyclops version of the ame's

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT

What model number Trail Tech HD stator did you end up going with for the KTM?

T
Mar 29, 2011
Stateline, NV
I noticed the description mentions the high output KTM SXF 450 stator doesn't support the 2016 SXF/XCF. I'm still in the research phase of my ideal snow bike (dedicated for winter riding) for next winter, and the SXF450 seems like the top dog, but this could potenially throw a wrench in it as I would definitely want the combo AME grips and 630 light. Is this just because you still need to do some testing for compatibility or is there some fundamental difference in the 2016 model year?

M
Dec 29, 2007
I have composite flex bars on my bike with moose brand stick on heaters. Used epoxy to set my grips and they are rock solid. The heaters are insane, I can't turn them on for more that 5 minutes on low before they are too hot to use in winter gloves.

Premium Features