• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Service Honda- 2013 KX500AF Build Project

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Drilled and Tapped the "boss" provided on the right/rear side of the carb. Drill pilot to a max depth of 16.5 mm, then tap 10/32 and install heater probe.

010 small.jpg 011 small.jpg 012 small.jpg

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Inteli-Jet installation. Drill and Tap between 10 o'clock and two o'clock on the air box side of the Carb. I Drilled and Tapped at 12 o'clock. Deep well float bowl plug provides extra fuel in any configuration. Drill and Tap the plug for the fuel line to provide fuel to the metering unit installed in top. Connect fuel lines and Air lines to the Dial. Mount the Dial in a place for easy access. I will post a pic of the place I have chosen.

013 small.jpg 014 small.jpg 016 small.jpg 018 small.jpg 022 small.jpg

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Removed the intake boot, and modified the front of the air box. Installed a Mountain Horse clean air intake. Fits perfectly under the seat and is totally protected.

003 small.jpg 004 small.jpg 005 small.jpg

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Got the pipe wrapped in "insulating" header wrap by, "keep cool". That will allow the pipe to quickly get up to temp and "light" when the flame show's up. A non insulated pipe will run a little rich and not light in a clean flame until it get's up to temp. This will correct that in the snow. The Koso stinger fast read probe welded in. 6" from the piston skirt for a single cylinder, single pipe application. Last but not least, four coats of DEI, 1500 degree silicone header wrap coating. It is silicone based and cures to a hard water proof finish. Protecting and insulating the pipe.

026 small.jpg 028 small.jpg 011small.jpg

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
It is a new Timbersled Mountain Horse prototype. There will be a couple out for demo's and Dealer shows. I am going to be running a 121 version. It is some amazing technology and performance gains will be huge. I will be covering it soon..... Doing some testing and tuning now on a standard 121 kit.

the sled shop

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2008
lisbon NH
good work guys love the innovation-this is how the market changes-from real world experience-keep up the good work

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Here is the High temp silicone spray for header wraps. I have done several 4-stroke header pipes with it as well. I give 3 or 4 heavy coats. They soak deep in the wrap. Let dry, then run the engine in a dry environment first, to a minimum of 400 degrees for a few minutes. That cures the treatment. It finishes up very nice. With a stock header, remove the metal guard first. Then re-install the guard afterwards. Looks very nice. Your pipe will no longer go through extreme heat and cold cycles. It is insulated and waterproof. Saves on pant legs and burnt hands and gloves as well.

007 small.jpg

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Got a great spot located for the Inteli-Jet controller. Protected behind the bars, full turn left and right has good clearance, and is a perfect reach with your left hand.

015.jpg 023.jpg

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Ceramic is nice but does not nearly hold the heat the same as the old fashioned pipe wrap.

There was a huge difference in heat between the ceramic and old style wrapping on turbo sleds, there was no comparison on my front mount.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Ceramic is nice but does not nearly hold the heat the same as the old fashioned pipe wrap.

There was a huge difference in heat between the ceramic and old style wrapping on turbo sleds, there was no comparison on my front mount.

Correct, The Ceramic coating is very nice, durable and good looking, but transfer's heat pretty fast. Also it get's scalding hot on the surface. Hard in pants and gloves. The "insulating wrap" with the silicone really insulates and water proof's the entire pipe.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
can't wait

so when you launch this bad boy, the question we're all wanting to get your answer on is................... did planting the ol' 500 in a gushy aluminum frame knock the serious vibrataion out of the big 500 ?

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
I had a SLP pipe on a sled ceramic coated inside and out. You could put your gloved hand on it after a pull by the time you got to the bottom of the hill. Never burned my Klim gloves :bounce: It was done by Jet Hot Coatings(I think) out of Calgary Ab. I was impressed.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Found a nice place to mount the carb heat switch. I removed the automatic thermostat sensor and wired in a simple on/off rocker switch with a red LED lite. I found a spot that will protect it from tree branches, leg's etc. Fired the "Monster" up. All electrics work perfectly. Koso EGT, Gauge and Probe, and Carb Heater. Time for some testing and tuning with a ST Production Kit before installing the new one.

017small.jpg 035small.jpg 023small.jpg

Premium Features