• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My honest opinion about my new to me Tapex

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
After my first ride yesterday on my tank as some would call them,I'm selling my Cat.
I absoulutely love this sled,I was able to throw it around fairly easy and to climb...ain't nothing better.
Know anyone looking for a M1000,I have one for sale or may even part out.:face-icon-small-sho

Revy riding & wrecking 2010 002.jpg

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Welcome to the club. Just don't let the word get out...let everyone think that they are heavy point and shoot :face-icon-small-winsleds.

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Had a M1000 as well and then rode an Apex and loved it... things got even better when the turbo went on. The Apex is a great platform, I find it very easy to throw around.

Have fun, looks like a nice sled.

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
Apex is an AWESOME platform!! Especially for the bigger guys. I'm 250lbs and can barely ride my dad's Nytro, but my Apex is perfect.

Kind of sucks in spring snow, but don't they all.

Enjoy your new scoot, let's see some more pics.

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
How was the snow Dave? Glad you liked the new sled. See ya out there soon.

After my first ride yesterday on my tank as some would call them,I'm selling my Cat.
I absoulutely love this sled,I was able to throw it around fairly easy and to climb...ain't nothing better.
Know anyone looking for a M1000,I have one for sale or may even part out.:face-icon-small-sho

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
How was the snow Dave? Glad you liked the new sled. See ya out there soon.

The snow wasn't too bad,will be excellent after one more good dumping.See my report thread on the BC/AB area section,the whole story is there.
I gotta say thank you to Selkirk Helicopters for the T Shirt...:face-icon-small-blu:face-icon-small-sho

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
That's great Dave! I traded my Apex off two years ago for a M1200 and then put a turbo on it. This weekend I went and bought my old Apex back! I like the M series platform however, there really is no sled quite like the Apex!

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
Congrats Dave, great move. And the best part is the reliability of a Yamaha snowmobile! Can't beat em:rockon: The Apex, in my opinion, is the best sled ever built by Yamaha!!! Have fun boosted!

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dave, you got all your parts lined up??

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I sure hope your right. I just bought a Tapex and I am a little worried that it is going to handle me.

There are a couple video's out there of women throwing these machines around easy easy. next time you have doubt, look these vids up and see how easy they make it look. apex's are fine, weight is fine, power is what you need to be worried about dragging you around. squeeze the flipper and have fun.

Premium Features