• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New CMX track reviews??

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
I’m not a fan of these exotic materials at all so far either. Never have liked carbon fibre and I think carbon fibre skid plates on dirtbikes are the biggest scam ever . I’ve had titanium bolts break. Titanium threads pull out, and two separate pieces of carbon fibre have failed (one is minor/insignificant and my fault). Never have been a fan of carbon fibre.

Another thing that really bugs me is how they spent thousands and sacrificed so much strength to shave a few ozs.... yet they allow about 1 cubic foot cubby hole behind their jerry can to collect about 15lbs of frozen snow and ice which totally negates all their fancy weigh shaving engineering. Doesn’t make sense to me. At the end of the day (aka after 10 mins riding) once snow is packed into every crevice, I weigh the same as every other skid out there anyways so what’s the point??

Between the industry known chit track, joke of customer service, and breaking parts every second ride. I’m 99% ready to switch brands next year.

I mean I’m ready to check chain tension, track tension, and belt tensions.... think this info is on their site?? Yeah right. Think they’d email back in a timely manner with clear instructions on how to check alll 3 tensions and what they should be? Hah. Yeah right. The belt thing is scary. Says to push with your thumbs... my strong thumbs or my skinny buddies weak thumbs??

Last edited:

gsled04

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2011
Still no answer. Why is everyone in the snowbike business so incompetent and have such horrible customer service?? I just don’t get it. Trying to spend thousands of dollars here and buy parts from people is like pulling fkin teeth.

Use this email : mark@crazymtn.com Or just call call Mark at 406-686-4921. Mark is a great guy and will talk your ear off. Im not sure what the problem with the other email address is.

A
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park AB
I’m not a fan of these exotic materials at all so far either. Never have liked carbon fibre and I think carbon fibre skid plates on dirtbikes are the biggest scam ever . I’ve had titanium bolts break. Titanium threads pull out, and two separate pieces of carbon fibre have failed (one is minor/insignificant and my fault). Never have been a fan of carbon fibre.

Another thing that really bugs me is how they spent thousands and sacrificed so much strength to shave a few ozs.... yet they allow about 1 cubic foot cubby hole behind their jerry can to collect about 15lbs of frozen snow and ice which totally negates all their fancy weigh shaving engineering. Doesn’t make sense to me. At the end of the day (aka after 10 mins riding) once snow is packed into every crevice, I weigh the same as every other skid out there anyways so what’s the point??

Between the industry known chit track, joke of customer service, and breaking parts every second ride. I’m 99% ready to switch brands next year.

I mean I’m ready to check chain tension, track tension, and belt tensions.... think this info is on their site?? Yeah right. Think they’d email back in a timely manner with clear instructions on how to check alll 3 tensions and what they should be? Hah. Yeah right. The belt thing is scary. Says to push with your thumbs... my strong thumbs or my skinny buddies weak thumbs??

There are videos and tech tips on how to tension all 3 on the website. I'm all in for beating up on camso to get them to pull up their socks but rants with false info will get us nothing and discredit any feedback we give.

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
There are videos and tech tips on how to tension all 3 on the website. I'm all in for beating up on camso to get them to pull up their socks but rants with false info will get us nothing and discredit any feedback we give.

where? after a bunch of digging I was able to find how to adjust the chain. I wasnt able to find any specs on how tight/loose the chain should be, same with the track. the belt I guess we can figure out.

seems my chain is loose... I ordered a new tensioner spring.. probably a waste of 5$. didnt realize it was so easy to adjust the chain, but still not too sure how tight to get it. one finger? 2 fingers? where do you put the fingers?

A
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park AB
where? after a bunch of digging I was able to find how to adjust the chain. I wasnt able to find any specs on how tight/loose the chain should be, same with the track. the belt I guess we can figure out.

seems my chain is loose... I ordered a new tensioner spring.. probably a waste of 5$. didnt realize it was so easy to adjust the chain, but still not too sure how tight to get it. one finger? 2 fingers? where do you put the fingers?

Sorry fellas, we are kinda hijacking this thread.

Chain should be snug, no slack. Tensioner is only there to pick up slack to give more time between adjustments. Go to Yeti site, click tools, click assemblies, click on the tech tip for track, bike mount and syncodrive. All info is fairly clear and has been there since 2016. If you can't figure that out just Google Yeti track tension, chain tension and belt tension separately and all of your answers will magically appear as well as the videos.....

Now, I am gonna say what most are thinking. You are pretty well a full season into this kit and likely have around 20 days of riding in that have been littered with issues and you are just now going hmmmm I wonder what the chain tension, track tension and belt tension should be? Sorry pal, but there ain't a kit on the market that is gonna put up with that kind of neglect. I hope some day the kits are fool proof but for the time being periodic bolt checks, retorques and general manufacturer recommended maintenance is required. Spend a little more time wrenching and you will spend a lot less time typing, I guarantee it!!!

Last edited:
C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
Yeah sure I didn’t research it inside and out in between rides. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. The skid has been decent to me. I’m just getting to that point now where my chain looks a tad loose and I should probably look into it because I am approaching the 10-15 ride mark... so sorry for not looking into these non issues at the 5-10 ride mark.

We better not have to adjust chain and track every second ride or we got bigger things to worry about. I’m too busy with life and chasing other, more important, problems to worry and research into ones that havnt shown up yet. My chain and track are perfectly fine, even after 15~ rides.. Settle down. This is the preventative maintaince that you speak of that I’m looking into right now, so what’s the problem here?

This thread is way off the rails. Let’s get er back

Is the cmx track the same as Camso? Should I just be emailing Camso about this track and not have it middlemanned to me or what’s the deal here??

Edit: Had a shop day finally. finally adjusted my chain, it was overall super easy. thanks for that link BTW. it did need a tiny bit of tightening but not much at all. hopefully its not too tight now.

seems to spin fine. took a look at my track, shes taking a bit of a beating. 55 engine hours on it now. ive ridden very wind blown areas before with lots of exposed rock a few times. definitely going to be getting a new track (maybe skid/bike) for next year!!!

Last edited:
E
Dec 19, 2007
That track is prestine. Don't worry about it just make sure you adjust your chains and have fun. I'll post a pic of my track tomorrow it will probably make you puke. 8 windows are completely ripped out the side since last spring. I had to add anti stab wheels just to keep it from derailing but it's been rode hard 2 days a week since October and still holding up well.

IMG_20180410_084108810.jpg

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
That track is prestine. Don't worry about it just make sure you adjust your chains and have fun. I'll post a pic of my track tomorrow it will probably make you puke. 8 windows are completely ripped out the side since last spring. I had to add anti stab wheels just to keep it from derailing but it's been rode hard 2 days a week since October and still holding up well.

I have a new maxtrax 129 for only $250

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
and I think carbon fibre skid plates on dirt bikes are the biggest scam ever . I’ve had titanium bolts break. Titanium threads pull out,

I could not agree more with you on the carbon scam. In many ways, titanium too is a scam. Both of these materials have instant respect only because they have evolved out of the aero industry. Many out there do not realise that Titanium, in general, is not stronger than steel. Rather, it is lighter for a given cross-section. If you simply replace your fasteners with titanium equivalents, you do not gain strength, just weight savings. After 20 lbs of snow pile up, who cares?

Certain claims by marketing associates and companies gave way for the controversy to rise that titanium is stronger than steel, but unlike the claim, the best steel is stronger than titanium alloys. In unalloyed condition, titanium is 45% lighter, and as strong as steel. We can presume that the same rod of steel will be 5% stronger than titanium, but titanium will be 40% lighter.

E
Dec 19, 2007
wow. that is nuts!

good to know mine isnt as bad as I thought.

what causes yours to do that?

how many hours on it?

why the hell havnt you got a CMX/camso track?!

I ride a minimum of 300 hours per session this is it's 3rd full session and it's been like that since early last season. It started when i hit a stump and stabbed a rail. The cross bar got bent and then it would derail and tear out the next window and on and on. I was going to buy the cmx for it but since i put anti stab wheels on the rail tips it stopped derailing.

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
dont get me wrong, the skid has been pretty decent.

the spindle screwed me around, so did the company itself. but the rear end I havnt had problems with knock on wood.

sounds like yeti skid with camso track is best of both worlds?

Premium Features