• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Freeride pilot ds-2 or ds-3

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
Get the ds2's. when the snow is crusty the 3's dig in and feels really twitchy and then flips over. Did It to me twice and my riding buddy once.

D
Feb 21, 2017
Thanks, anyone had experience with the adventure bumpers from brp? Love the look of them just wonder how much protection they really provide

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Wish somebody made a decent ski in Manta Green. The Ski-doo version suck! Tried riding the stock DS-3 on my T3 for about 5 rides. POS! Sled nose dives unpredictably. Went back to Powder Pro's. Need something close to 7" on powder sled. 6" just isn't wide enough BRP! I hope you are listening and come up with a DS-4 that is wider.

Ordered a 2018 850 in Octane blue would love to keep that color ski. Don't think I will be able to live with under performing ski's.

D
Feb 21, 2017
I snowchecked the freeride and it'd be nice to have the manta green skis. I can get bumpers powdercoatwd but the manta green adventure ones look killer but I can't tell from pictures how much they support up front. And how much they weigh. May either just keep stock skis for now or go with an aftermarket white ski

B

burnz

Jan 7, 2013
Nanton, Alberta
Get the ds2's. when the snow is crusty the 3's dig in and feels really twitchy and then flips over. Did It to me twice and my riding buddy once.

this sounds almost exactly like what caused me to wreck my foot last year while climbing a hill in crusty snow on my 2015 T3... sled flipped and i landed on the track feet first... not fun

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
this sounds almost exactly like what caused me to wreck my foot last year while climbing a hill in crusty snow on my 2015 T3... sled flipped and i landed on the track feet first... not fun

I did it first coming from a ditch to the trail then on a bog below the hill were we playing on I was going about 50-60kph and I just went right over the bars and the sled flipped, broke my visor on my helmet, was a bit dizzy after but fine in the end.

s.e.xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
juneau ak
I put on the slp mohawks. They are a improvement over stock. the ds 3 would dig in on down hill turns in our wet heavy snow jamming wrists almost throw you over the bars. The mohawks are less aggressive than the powder pros which I usually run. Thinking there are a lot better options on skis out there than the stockers. Check with your buddies that ride the same snow as you.

Premium Features