• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question about selling sled

H
Nov 21, 2012
I am looking into selling my dragon 800 and want to know what I should ask for a price. Here are the facts. It was originally an 08 700 155 which blew up, so I found an 09 800 and converted her. It now has an 09 800 motor in it now totally rebuilt from the crank up, with BMP fix kit, PC V, clutch kit by SLP, derlin washers, 19/45 gearing with 78p chain, drilled tstat, new belt, spare belt, extra oil, taller risers, extra fuel caddy with can, fat boy springs, little tunnel bag that goes underneath the rear of the seat, timbersled intake, stock exhaust stock shocks, green pink primary spring, skinz front bumper black, frog skinz on vents, manual gauge gas cap, grounded clutch guard plate to protect ECM and VR, and the frame of the sled has about 1700-1800 miles on it. The motor has about 200 miles on fresh rebuild. The sled has been always taken care of, garage kept never beat on. No electric start but has reverse.

I am looking for a good selling price up here in Alaska. I have put in $13,500 to make it run and that includes what I paid for it. I was thinking and don't bash on me just rough figures $5500-$6000. Please give me some opinions thanks.
2008 Polaris Indy 800 Dragon RMK 155 Standard Equipment, 2008 Polaris Indy 800 Dragon RMK 155 Price & Specs | NADAguides
Area code 99501

T
Feb 28, 2008
Dont wanna rain on your parade but I have had my 2009 800 Dragon with new indy specialties top end and a ton of aftermarket stuff including Timbersled MTN Tammer suspension listed for almost 3 weeks with no offers or calls. I have it listed at $3999!! This sled is very clean as well. :face-icon-small-con

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
$3,500-$4,000 if you're lucky. It really doesn't matter what you put into it to get it running, it's just another '08 800 as far as value. It's spring time, everyone wants to dump their sleds before summer, it'll be a hard sell...sorry.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I'm not familiar with the AK sled market

but a sled like that is worth around $4K=$4.5K in my Area.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
It's kind of like the Dodge , Ford , GM thing in smaller communities . One is preferred over the other .

You guys still have the morning farm report there in Big Sky ? :face-icon-small-hap I forgot his name .

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
It's kind of like the Dodge , Ford , GM thing in smaller communities . One is preferred over the other .

You guys still have the morning farm report there in Big Sky ? :face-icon-small-hap I forgot his name .
Yep, used to be with Taylor Brown announcing, Conrad Burns before that, not sure who is doing it now... I am in Missoula area, don't get up that early as I am not a farmer. :sun: Admire those who are tho. Hard workers. I am a plastic button clicker... as one neighbor used to call me...

sorry for the hijack...

Love the dragons in general, especially when set up right (still working on my 163" suspension setup to make it work like I want), hate the resale value issue. Doo, Cat and the others aren't much better tho from what I have been seeing on craigslist lately. Even tho my sled has an 860 Carls in it I doubt it is worth much more than a stocker now (although I can't complain as I picked it up in the spring 2 years ago for a deal too). This has been the case in the sled industry for a while now. And now is approaching the worst time of year for selling, buyer's market though, looking to possibly pick up a newer 600 155 for my wife (Pro chassis) for next season.

Last edited:
Premium Features