• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

95 Arctic Cat Cougar 550 L/C Snowmobile INPUT/INFO PLEASE

found a good deal on this sled and was told it was just rebuilt..would this be a fun relible sled for my sone even though its a little older ? anything i sould look for that may be an issue with these sleds? any extra info or opinions would be greatly apreicaited. what is a fair price for these sleds in good condition ? ty

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
if its stock..stock track etc...its fine for trails/lakes...abit of ditch banging...if he is real light then some deeper snow and he will learn how to dig himself out which is a fun and essential part to learn...

imo a grand or under is fair with new rebuild top end..

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
We have a 96 cougar 550 MC ... it's a 136 and is still a pretty good sled. Both kids have learned to ride on it, friends still tag along on it.

Stock it's good on the trail and spring tag alongs, I added a 1.5" lug track, moved the steering forward a few inches ( this is done with all stock parts ) and a 2" riser and it's pretty darn capable with the kids on it. Running board traction was a real problem for my son when he started riding it, but some cheap ebay traction fixed the issue.

My son was 9 when he started on it.

Premium Features