• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Harbor Freight 6.5 Hp work in Polaris 120

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
Has anyone out there put a Blue Harbor Freight 6.5 motor in a polaris 120? If so I would love some mod ideas? I'm thinking about trying it

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
Just pulled the Robin 120 out of the the sled and sat the Harbor Freight motor in. The motor is a tight fit and I will have to redrill mounting holes. I'm not sure how to mark the postion for the new holes. The holes will all stay in the reinforced mounting plate so I think they will be strong enough. If anyone has done this before I would love some advice?

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I put one on my wood splitter mounted right up no problems . Had to disable a sensor on there or if it was not level it would not run.

S

snowcross338

Feb 17, 2006
Laramie WY
I put one on my wood splitter mounted right up no problems . Had to disable a sensor on there or if it was not level it would not run.
I just did this swap on a mini z, bolted right in with a little mod to the exhaust flange so it lined up to the hole in the belly pan. What sensor are you talking about?

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
I beleive he is talking about the low oil level sensor
you can just un-plug it by the sensor on the front of engine next to the blower housing

Premium Features