• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

His and Hers-- Polaris 120 Mountain Sled Build

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
This vid quit playing in the middle...said it had an error. Is that just my computer?

We took several of the same cutacross routes I use when on our big boy rides and the kids handled them pretty well.

V

Vinnee

Dec 24, 2010
I am looking forward to building a 340 to 550 sled. The question is when. Any kid can ride a full size sled down the trail, but mountain riding is another matter

My Seven year old rode a 2004 600 "Mnt Riding" last year and blew my mind! I think you would be surprised what your kids could do with a larger sled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1357970995.537887.jpg

Last edited:
V

Vinnee

Dec 24, 2010
What an amazing and completely awesome build!! Great job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

H1Pilot

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
My Seven year old rode a 2004 600 "Mnt Riding" last year and blew my mind! I think you would be surprised what your kids could do with a larger sled.

Agreed. I am moving them up next season. I will likely keep them on fan cooled sled that is stripped down and setup up to fit them ergonomically. They don't ride my dirtbike, and I don't expect them to ride my sled. I am shooting for a dry weight under 400lbs for them.

The goal is to get them on a sled that they can manhandle AND go places I like to go. Believe it or not, if I put a primary/secondary setup on the mod 120's, they could follow me most anywhere. I kicked around the idea last fall but decided not to spend the extra $1000 or so to upgrade the clutching setup since this was to be there last year on the sleds. They are definately ready for more sled!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

Yes, they will adapt fast.

Agreed. I am moving them up next season. I will likely keep them on fan cooled sled that is stripped down and setup up to fit them ergonomically. They don't ride my dirtbike, and I don't expect them to ride my sled. I am shooting for a dry weight under 400lbs for them.

The goal is to get them on a sled that they can manhandle AND go places I like to go. Believe it or not, if I put a primary/secondary setup on the mod 120's, they could follow me most anywhere. I kicked around the idea last fall but decided not to spend the extra $1000 or so to upgrade the clutching setup since this was to be there last year on the sleds. They are definately ready for more sled!

Last year, I had my son on an 07 Phazer. He did FAIR. He was 8, and about 55lbs.

This year, he's 9 and 65lbs. He's put almost 160 miles on a 13 Pro 800 with a 163. NO PROBLEM and he actually left the road and turned up the bank a few times and got after it in the trees.

Premium Features