• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Nytro A-Arms 36" 5+ Barcode performance

Jago

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
Like the Skinz a-arms the 365's should dramatically improve Nytro handling in the deep and steep. Nice sturdy design since a-arms generally take a beating in the brush and trees. I like the set screw idea and definitely like not having to install spherical bearings on the shocks. These will be my next pair should I ever wipe off my Skinz.

Last edited:
H
Nov 10, 2009
Denver
As a former chassis designer these A arms raise a number of concerns for me, dimensionally and from a design perspective. It is interesting to note that all western aftermarket companies do not go over 3" forward, and the companies that build 4.5 and 5" kits are back east....food for thought. Something else to consider. When you push the a arms forward, the sled handles as if it has a narrower ski stance off trail. So why go as narrow as 36"? That narrow a ski stance on a heavier 4 stroke front end is not a great recipe for trail stability and safety. On another forum the builder commented on lower shock mount failures on prototypes. That led to their lower shock mount having a swivel feature. The reason for the failures was most probably due to the shocks stroking through more than a single plane, causing misalignment of the mounts as the shock compresses.The resulting misalignment will break a mount or bend a shock. The upper and lower shock mounts should be positioned in such a way that they remain inline through the full stroke of the shock. If the suspension is properly designed there is no need for a "swivel" feature. A swivel mount is one more moving part, a place to create play, and if it binds (corrosion, cold, snow, ice....) will likely cause the shock shaft to bend.

Last edited:
Premium Features