• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best M series Aftermarket Bumper Mod?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
G
Dec 17, 2002
North Bend, Washington
just finished mine,, I used all of the 09 stuff on my 05 m7 except for the foot rest, for that I used the BDX ones which look way better then cats

P9290139.jpg

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I did 2 tunnels yesterday using the BDX kit.
My fathers is a 153 snopro nightfire and I used the black bumper kit. The instructions say to trim the bumper as it is cut to lenght for a 162". We did not trim, and let the bumper protude out farther. This allowed us to utilize the stock rear brake light. We recessed it in the rear snoflap, overlapping the top of the tunnel. It looks factory and turned out very nice.

My 162 was done per instructions, except I used rivets in the side bumper supports instead of bolts.
I have an LED light from SLP and will fab up a piece of aluminumg to cover the top part of the tunnel where the snoflap edge is. Cant use the factory light because it hits the bumper.

Both turned out very nice, but the bdx kit and a 153 tunnel is extremely easy to get a factory look out of.

I'll snap some pics.

Just an FYI, as soon as my sled comes back to me, I am going to post how to install the stock tail light with the trimmed/tapered tunnel. You can just trim the plastic...or so I have been told, I will do and post.

Mike
BDX

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
I think I got it this time.

The rear is a one off from V.E. I have a boss seat coming this year, I have added the Billet 9" and 150 race rails with 09 upgrade suspension guts. :beer;

DSCF0002.JPG DSCF0007.JPG

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
tunnel

I did 2 tunnels yesterday using the BDX kit.
My fathers is a 153 snopro nightfire and I used the black bumper kit. The instructions say to trim the bumper as it is cut to lenght for a 162". We did not trim, and let the bumper protude out farther. This allowed us to utilize the stock rear brake light. We recessed it in the rear snoflap, overlapping the top of the tunnel. It looks factory and turned out very nice.

My 162 was done per instructions, except I used rivets in the side bumper supports instead of bolts.
I have an LED light from SLP and will fab up a piece of aluminumg to cover the top part of the tunnel where the snoflap edge is. Cant use the factory light because it hits the bumper.

Both turned out very nice, but the bdx kit and a 153 tunnel is extremely easy to get a factory look out of.

I'll snap some pics.

hey,could you get some pics up.i'm looking at different ideas.
thanks kerry

L
Feb 6, 2008
bonney lake wa.
so is it cheaper and better to go 09 or is bdx better, what is the FINAL ###s i want to do one or the other,if they are realy close in fit and finish what one is a easier install \!,i just dont want to wish i went the other route!
thanx,John

L
Sep 24, 2003
Boise, ID
IMO I think the BDX bumper is better than the stock 09 bumper.. I think it will be stronger with the side supports and looks better... You can also get them in Chrome or Black. I saw a black bumber kit installed on a white with black front bumper sled and it looked trick..

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
The BDX is strong.
I had my doubts at first, and went about the project with the idea that I can always fix anything that bends througout the season. After install, I was convinced, it's strong.

2902533953_8b54a5e2cb.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features