• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HERE'S WHAT I'D LIKE TO SEE... THE 2016 XTD.... Xtreme Terrain Dominator

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I was talking with a buddy this weekend about this. Sounds like something we'd like to see for sure.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'm wondering how narrow of a ski stance would be possible... physically possible without have "nubs" for a-arms and enough front travel?

As it is... the lower front of the A-arms are almost touching on the PRO-Chassis.

A Boondocking/tree bashing exclusive sled will give a lot of excellent riding where only snowbikes are able to tread now. HMMM??

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
It would have to be a complete new suspension design, since the front mount of the lower a-arms is already almost touching.

But your 35" setup is probably achievable with the current mounting points would just add a lot of bump steer.

I'm wondering how narrow of a ski stance would be possible... physically possible without have "nubs" for a-arms and enough front travel?
As it is... the lower front of the A-arms are almost touching on the PRO-Chassis.
A Boondocking/tree bashing exclusive sled will give a lot of excellent riding where only snowbikes are able to tread now. HMMM??

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Just ditch the A-arms completely. Go with high tech struts. With current electronic suspension technology one could vary the travel (on either side or together), change pre-load and dampening on the fly all with thumb controllers. With a top notch design, one could also alter width, camber and caster easily. Smooth, designed to float belly pan with nothing hanging out is then possible. Polaris can use the design for the Tundra Extreme as breeding stock. 550iq

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho

Reminds me of this:
V4_engine.jpg

http://www.aaenperformance.com/V4_racing_engine.asp

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
I think the influence of the snowbikes is really going to affect what our backcountry sleds of the future will be. The days of building the biggest, highest hp, best hillclimbing sled seem to be dwindling. Not that they won't always have their place in big country such as Canada, but the deep powder floatation and manueverability of the pro chassis has gotten more riders in trees and off some of the big hills.

I love the idea of losing weight, narrowing the plastics and track as long as it still floats. It won't be for everyone, but it will be for a lot of us. MH your wish list is right on.

This is starting to remind me of when snowboarding re-invented skiing. hmmm

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Maybe closer than we think.

Listening to Burandt in the first part of this vid... Leads me to believe that this type of sled could well be in the works.

I heard from some locals in Colorado that they saw some pretty strange sleds riding around that area last season.

Either way...Shredding on a Pro...Pretty cool.

Last edited:

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
You have to wonder with all the incentives from Polaris (to include 2015 sleds) if they don't have something interesting coming out for 2016. That was one of the reasons I decided to hold on to my 12'. It's always funny how the new sleds aren't even out yet and everyone is talking about the next best thing. I guess that's just the nature of the sledding community.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
In their rear view mirror, with the yellow banana and Vipe Mt. Poo had to step up with some real snowcheck options for the current RMK to sell some MY 15s. It worked.

If they DON'T offer a new platform for 16, it won't work again. For that reason in particular I think that 16 will be the next evolution of the RMK. Poo will still offer the current platform in 16, it's been too successful to scrub it, and too risky. Talk to AC about that one, and I'm sure Poo still smarts from the hole they dug in 05/06. Enjoy the heck out of the 15's, they'll be the best RMK to-date. You can only ride one season at a time.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
My Speculation is something radical... like this...

AND then ALSO a tamer "AXYS-RMK" with the typical long tunnel and new fwd cab... plus cutout footwells that allow you to hike farther fwd...the AXYS will be a more natural transition.. and hopefully with reliable 800HO power...Like Bobby posted up.

One specialized "extreme terrain" weapon and versions of the all around Mountain sled in PRO-Chassis and AXYS chassis variants.

Just a guess.

I don't think that Bobby's photoshop is too far off the mark... I think it would be "AXYS-RMK" though...The new Rush is 'AXYS-RUSH'
attachment.php

My hope is that they actually incorporate some of the patent filings already posted, and essentially drop both the suspensions ~2" as well as the driver. Which should eliminate the front tunnel choke point and allow a decent sized driver to be used.

Premium Features