• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Polaris Pro rumors

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Real life improvements needed:
lighter/smaller brake reservoir and lever
2 piece tunnel (like cats) that only has coolant in part under seat.
powder coated tunnel/spindles
smaller fuel tank. even on a 50-60 miles ride always seem to have 3-4 gallons left over. been filling up between 1/2 and 3/4 this year and its working out nicely.
3" track option from factory
get rid of WE shox all together.
and a 400 or 440 liquid cooled kids sled, belt drive, 136-144" track coming in around 350 lbs would be KILLER for the next generation of rippers!

reports from people who tried to sneak some spy photos were that the sleds were WELL covered and people were asked to stay away :face-icon-small-sho

Why would you want a smaller tank? That makes no sense. Then you would have to pack gas all of the time. Which can be a real pain. That is one thing I like about the pro is that you can ride all day in deep snow and never worry about running out of fuel.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Maybe they will release a SVE (Special Video Edition) with a smaller tank, better suspension and the bug eyed colored paintball war zone graphics?

On a more serious note: I hear of a long rod DI 600 will be released and rumors of the DI 800 being very close behind but may not make the release date. Both are rumored to be sporting the new lighter pork chopped crank wheels that all the IQR's are running this year and some race teams have been using for the past three seasons with great reliability (Zero issues). So that would lighten the engine another 2-3 pounds effectively depending on the rest of the DI systems and ancillary systems.

I have one sled with the 15 gallon trail tank for those long days, and 100 plus miles between stops in deep snow (like Valdez to Eureaka and Valdez to Cordova, among others. I would rather ride all the time with a partially full trail tank than have to carry multiple gas cans or an additional large fuel cell with a smaller tank. They are not going to make everyone happy regardless of what size tank they chose for us.

Last edited:

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Maybe they will release a SVE (Special Video Edition) with a smaller tank, better suspension and the bug eyed colored paintball war zone graphics?

On a more serious note: I hear of a long rod DI 600 will be released and rumors of the DI 800 being very close behind but may not make the release date. Both are rumored to be sporting the new lighter pork chopped crank wheels that all the IQR's are running this year and some race teams have been using for the past three seasons with great reliability (Zero issues). So that would lighten the engine another 2-3 pounds effectively depending on the rest of the DI systems and ancillary systems.

I have one sled with the 15 gallon trail tank for those long days, and 100 plus miles between stops in deep snow (like Valdez to Eureaka and Valdez to Cordova, among others. I would rather ride all the time with a partially full trail tank than have to carry multiple gas cans or an additional large fuel cell with a smaller tank. They are not going to make everyone happy regardless of what size tank they chose for us.

Ok, interesting. Very curious now on the 2015 news!

Did you hear anything on cylinder spacing? Hoping to see slightly more meat in them..

RS

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Ok, interesting. Very curious now on the 2015 news!

Did you hear anything on cylinder spacing? Hoping to see slightly more meat in them..

RS

With the testing I am aware of being based on the current IQR 600 engine's cylinder spacing (and by default the rest of the CFI engines, being the same case casting) I have my doubts they would lengthen the center section but stranger things have happened. Time will tell. It would make the aftermarket big bore guys happier to have a bit more clearance in there.

Woodsrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
MIA

Noticed that there are no switchback PROs (rush) in the 60 sleds in 60 days event. Wonder if they are holding them back?

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
smaller fuel tank because you can count the number of days you have ran the full tank of gas down to empty on 1 hand. And those days you know going into it that you are going to need extra gas and pack it anyways. no biggie to ride in with 5 gallons, top off at gas drop, and then have whatever is left for the ride back out from gas drop on the 1 or 2 rides a year you know you need it.
The rest of the time I rarely fill my pro up more than 3/4. I have done 50 mile rides on 1/2 tank of fuel before. usually try and have between 1/2 and 3/4 on the gauge and i know I am good for 60 miles and will be around 30+ pounds lighter than everyone who topped it off (4-5 gallons X 6.5lbs per gallon). That's a big deal. just my opinion though. If you guys like larger heavy tanks filled with extra pounds you don't use 98% of the time that's cool too. :face-icon-small-ton

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Phatty, I agree.

I've run my down only a couple times.
I've had 80 mile days and never used my extra cans.

I've had 50 mile days in handlebar deep powder and never got below 2/3.

I only carry my cans with me on those days that I KNOW I would be smart for having it.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Hey LoudHandle , do you have a picture you can post to explain why your carrying an over sized tank ? I'll post this even though it doesn't belong here .

articcatm6 , that day can't come soon enough .

At .50 seconds see if you can see the sled to the right of me ? It didn't matter what machine you have it was over the hood unless you where on a trail and the wheeler was up all night grooming because they where worried they wouldn't make it out .
http://youtu.be/68F4e1j3CU8

IMG_20130411_121617_290.jpg

Last edited:
S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
smaller fuel tank because you can count the number of days you have ran the full tank of gas down to empty on 1 hand. And those days you know going into it that you are going to need extra gas and pack it anyways. no biggie to ride in with 5 gallons, top off at gas drop, and then have whatever is left for the ride back out from gas drop on the 1 or 2 rides a year you know you need it.
The rest of the time I rarely fill my pro up more than 3/4. I have done 50 mile rides on 1/2 tank of fuel before. usually try and have between 1/2 and 3/4 on the gauge and i know I am good for 60 miles and will be around 30+ pounds lighter than everyone who topped it off (4-5 gallons X 6.5lbs per gallon). That's a big deal. just my opinion though. If you guys like larger heavy tanks filled with extra pounds you don't use 98% of the time that's cool too. :face-icon-small-ton

other brands make small tanks and its a bitch fest and guys wanting bigger thanks and sending death threats to trail tank for the bigger tank to be out now.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Not much of a picture / video taker. It is the standard "TrailTank" for the PRO. Rather than the seat having the aluminum bracket to hold up the back it is all tank. Which makes breaking trail on long 100 mile plus trips much nicer. IE; Arctic Man to Cantwell, arctic man to mankoma lake / Indian River / Chistochina (where a good friend has cabins), Valdez to Cordova or to Eureka, Copper Center to Haines Junction (across the Canadian border, that one even with the trail tank you are packing fuel). Granted those are the minority and I understand most do not need the fuel or do those types of trips but felt compelled to state that some of us do use more fuel than the stock tank can hold. The trail tank is always an option. Some I ride with have an additional 13 gallon fuel cell on the tunnel in addition to the stock tank which makes those trips a blast as the fuel cell is plumbed to the main tanks vent so the fuel cell gets used first. This opens up so many more rideable trips in Alaskas vast wilderness, places you can not get to any other way (excepting aviation), or weeks of hiking or snowshoeing.

But we are off topic, back to '15 rumors.

Hey LoudHandle , do you have a picture you can post to explain why your carrying an over sized tank ? I'll post this even though it doesn't belong here .

articcatm6 , that day can't come soon enough .

At .50 seconds see if you can see the sled to the right of me ? It didn't matter what machine you have it was over the hood unless you where on a trail and the wheeler was up all night grooming because they where worried they wouldn't make it out .
http://youtu.be/68F4e1j3CU8

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
No fuel tank. Just a skinny "trunk" there. Carbon fiber tunnel with a built in fuel cell. Wrap around the drivers, full width front heat exchanger going 10 " back in the tunnel and tied into the footwells, then to driveshaft support, then to bulkhead support.

Who's gonna have the least snow now lol.

You said rumours.

M
Dec 4, 2007
if i use the flipper on the right side of the handle bars on a medium snow day i can use all my fuel in 75 miles.That being said i usually only carry a 2.5 spare can.LEAVE FUEL TANK VOLUME AS IS!

Premium Features