• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQR Headlights

sledking

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Central MN
Has anyone found something different to use? The stock headlights are just so dim on the iqr's. Some input or ideas would be great.

Thanks,

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
If your riding at night a helmet light or lights are the best way to go. Sled mounted lights are always worthless, they only light where the sled is pointed not where the rider is looking.

On my mod I have no lights and will ride with only a helmet light. Guys without a helmet light will be bitching about not seeing and im having a blast because I can see great.

I just tapped into the sled for power and have a pigtail to plug into to power the light and keep it in my pack.

Cyclops(night rider? On here) can set you up, I've had great experiences with them.

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
I use Fog lights, the give off a wider brighter spread depending on what you use.
Where I live it dont get light much in the winter so we do alot of riding at night. I use a helmet light to look for spots and see when my skis are facing the sky.
Also replace your 55/60watt bulbs with 90/100watt ones, they way way way brighter. Been using them for years and there bright white, increases the spread on a stock headlight also.
Dont quote me on the bulb watts, i know im in rang but its what I can remember right now haha I would have to look at mine to make sure.

Last edited:

sledking

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Central MN
Did you just put different bulbs in the stock headlight pod or did you change that out too?
Where did you get the higher wattage bulbs? I would like to give that a try at least. I was thinking about mounting two more lights someplace in the front but I dont know if the system has enough power for 4 headlights? Any thoughts?

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
Ebay? I would think. I got mine at princess auto here in canada, I tired them first in my truck and loved them so decided to buy a set for my sled. I gave them to a buddy years ago and still has them in his sled and likes the light over the low watt bulbs you get.
As for generating more power IDK, I have a boon docker, koso EGTs and a few other things hooked up to mine with aftermarket lights at higher wattage and havent had a problem but thats with older F7s, I have a cat motor in my IQR now. But when I had my BB 800 in thats what I used and it was stupid bright IMO over stock thats for sure, I had no problem ripping trails hard and fast at night.

sledking

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Central MN
Thanks! I will have to try and find some aftermarket lights to somehow mount on my sled

Premium Features