• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EGT IDLE TEMP ???

I just recently installed a Race Pak Avenger 2 EGT gauge to my 600 HO mod. I bought the unit used, cleaned it all up put new batteries in etc... My question is at Idle the egts read like 200* apart is that normal or is one of the sensors going bad?

I never swaped the other sensor into the other pipe to do a check that way. The motor starts and idles nice.

Even under wot the one sensor/side reads 200* off. Both are the same distance from the piston.

My thoughts are its a bad sensor... That sensor was all warped from heat before I put it in.

The motor is all fresh, new crank new pistons etc...

Can anyone with experience with EGTs help me out?? What is the typical life of a fast response probe???

Thank you.

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
Most I ever see them out it 50* at idle. At WOT there pretty close, I normally use Koso gauges with slow reacting probes they seem to take more of a beating and not much slower, if you stare at it all the time then yes haha.

Premium Features