• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

136" or 144"

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
So I'm currently building and gathering parts for a second iqr build, I have the sled and have it tore down, ready to build. I already have iqr800 mod 155", so keep that in mind. I'm keep going back and forth between making this second one a 136" or 144" and already have 38" front end lined up.. This will be my spring/summer/backup/loaner/ make long tracks look silly ride.

I think the 136" would be more fun to ride but have worse resale here compared to a 144". A 144" would make a better loaner or easier for a girlfriend to ride, because my 800 is not. I'd have more fun on a 136" on non pow days, but at the same time if the 800 is down and I'm sure that will happen when it's chest deep I'm not sure I'd want a 136"? I haven't ever rode a iqr 136 or 144 so let's hear some opinions...

S
Aug 11, 2011
MT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znDV5WTJS9w

I know your calling this your spring ride so if it was jumps, whips drops ect, i'd say do the 136 from experience. Just for the fun factor of being able to really throw it around. also the 136 would be far more durable on spring/summer snow for harsh landings and fly through the air a little better and level out better.

But since your talking about it being a loner/backup/girlfriend ride i would honestly go with a 146 and try to get your hands on a 2.5 camo extreme. That sled will go right where the best of em do because it has the added lug height but still a shorter track for better track speed. I almost got my hands on a 146 iqr conversion and it had the 2.5 track. So when you mentioned you may have to ride it when your main ride is down "which is almost always when it nukes out" id go for the longer track, 146 isn't even really that long anyways.

Hope that helps to see it from another perspective

also is the new sled a 600, 600 mod? 700 800?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a8v9ovkAZM

thats a vid of a 600 mod iqr in some deep dry MT pow. I can vouch from experience that snow makes everything trench even my old 163. But it still gets around pretty good.

Last edited:
T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
I mainly ride steep trees, drops yes, jumps not as much. I will be riding this as much as possible to keep the 800 fresh. I had actually watched those videos before. I do know of a fairly local camo extreme 144" for sale. I will be using a rmk or holz skid whichever length I decide on. Goin to run a single pipe and can for the time being until I can find crankshop twins.

I'm going to make a build thread once I get all the parts here.

I should have made this a poll.

So one vote for a 144/146 so far

Last edited:
F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
I built mine into a 136/141 and love it, im into trails and off trail trees and whatever. Our snow only gets about waist deep sometimes deeper but I do just fine with mine.
What motor are you running?

1 NACHO AMUS

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
SALEM, OREGON
I vote 144. you'll get better resale, better girlfriend track length, better used track selection, good back-up length to play with if your 155 is down.

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
^ that's my logic also.

Bought a 144" 09' rmk skid today. Trying to buy a camo extreme for it.

Also ordered some B&M airframe boards today for my 800 that I'm pretty excited about.

Premium Features