• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Turbo YamaCat Viper?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Found a couple interesting photos of what appears to be a new prototype Turbo Viper.

Anyone know all the details?
I am told this was seen at HayDays...

picture.php

xpicture.php,qalbumid=1821,apictureid=28855.pagespeed.ic.Ql1g_0gKYL.jpg

Looking at this photo it looks like I see a Mountain Performance Snow Sock just under the intercooler..

picture.php

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
Yup, that's MPI's turbo. Quite a few vendors have built them now for the viper/ cat 7000 motor. Looks like they are running them in XTX's and I'm hoping sea level kits will be offered this fall. I'm betting its more of a fitment thing for the yamaha viper pro climb though, the next "game changer"...lol.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Why would you use that Humongous can on a aftermarket kit

it looks like it weighs 20 lbs.

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
it looks like it weighs 20 lbs.

Because the short track guys have sound requirements. Its 11lbs to be exact, 3lbs less than stock. We'll have a light weight straight through muffler for the mountain guys. We’ve spent a lot of time designing the kit around a sound compliant muffler. It’s easy to make a light weight one.

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
Because the short track guys have sound requirements. Its 11lbs to be exact, 3lbs less than stock. We'll have a light weight straight through muffler for the mountain guys. We’ve spent a lot of time designing the kit around a sound compliant muffler. It’s easy to make a light weight one.

HP?

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
The new 2014 Yamaha Viper MPI turbo kit

We have been working on this kit for a long time now. We have a full season of testing in the snow, both performance evaluation and durability testing along with countless dyno pulls. This kit is in production now and will be available in the middle of October 2013. The 190-240HP intercooled kits will sell for $4595.00.

We designed this kit with several things in mind.
1. Ease of install. This kit is one of the easiest installing kitl that we have ever done. Estimated time is 4-8 hours.
2. Sound. This kit will be available with a sound compliant trail muffler. That allows this kit to be used on trails that require compliant sleds or just for the stealth factor.
3. Adjustability. The boost level can be adjusted to what you want for performance and your fuel requirements.
4. Fit in finish. We pride ourselves in taking the extra steps to make all of our kits have that “factory fit” to them.

This kit will include everything you need to install this on your sled.

Kit includes:
Mitsubishi turbo
MPI custom air to air intercooler
GEMS fuel controller
All billet high flow blow off valve
Heat shields around turbo and waste gate
Muffler choice Trail or Race. Full stainless core wrapped with fiberglass and covered with a aluminum outer shell. Lighter than stock
O2 sensors weldments in the exhaust inlet.
All kits are manufactured in house by MPI with CNC equipment.
Everything is TIG welded in house.
We use the highest quality fasteners, clamps, and hoses available.
Fully illustrated instructions and phone support.

Call with any question 888-649-4609
www.mountainperformance.com <STYLE type=text/css><!--td.attachrow { font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; }td.attachheader { font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; background-color: #D1D7DC; }table.attachtable { font: normal 12px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; border-collapse : collapse; }--></STYLE>

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
No offence to ya Matt but really.... The "GEMS" controller again!! That's the biggest drawback to the kit. Maybe it's just me but I've got special section in hell for that controller. I was REALLY hoping you guys would have found something better.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
No offence to ya Matt but really.... The "GEMS" controller again!! That's the biggest drawback to the kit. Maybe it's just me but I've got special section in hell for that controller. I was REALLY hoping you guys would have found something better.

Ha Ha you beat me to it ! Rascal ! Gems is a ****ty product !

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Ha Ha you beat me to it ! Rascal ! Gems is a ****ty product !

You guys might be right about the GEMS controller. But this GEMS controller and cat ECU have made it much better. I use a GEMS controller every time I ride and it works fine for me. I rarely change it and my AFR are where I want them to be. What other system should we use?

Last edited:
H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
The new 2014 Yamaha Viper MPI turbo kit

We have been working on this kit for a long time now. We have a full season of testing in the snow, both performance evaluation and durability testing along with countless dyno pulls. This kit is in production now and will be available in the middle of October 2013. The 190-240HP intercooled kits will sell for $4595.00.

We designed this kit with several things in mind.
1. Ease of install. This kit is one of the easiest installing kitl that we have ever done. Estimated time is 4-8 hours.
2. Sound. This kit will be available with a sound compliant trail muffler. That allows this kit to be used on trails that require compliant sleds or just for the stealth factor.
3. Adjustability. The boost level can be adjusted to what you want for performance and your fuel requirements.
4. Fit in finish. We pride ourselves in taking the extra steps to make all of our kits have that “factory fit” to them.

This kit will include everything you need to install this on your sled.

Kit includes:
Mitsubishi turbo
MPI custom air to air intercooler
GEMS fuel controller
All billet high flow blow off valve
Heat shields around turbo and waste gate
Muffler choice Trail or Race. Full stainless core wrapped with fiberglass and covered with a aluminum outer shell. Lighter than stock
O2 sensors weldments in the exhaust inlet.
All kits are manufactured in house by MPI with CNC equipment.
Everything is TIG welded in house.
We use the highest quality fasteners, clamps, and hoses available.
Fully illustrated instructions and phone support.

Call with any question 888-649-4609
www.mountainperformance.com <STYLE type=text/css><!--td.attachrow { font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; }td.attachheader { font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; background-color: #D1D7DC; }table.attachtable { font: normal 12px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; border-collapse : collapse; }--></STYLE>

do you got a race setup altso?

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
You guys might be right about the GEMS controller. But this GEMS controller and cat ECU have made it much better. I use a GEMS controller every time I ride and it works fine for me. I rarely change it and my AFR are where I want them to be. What other system should we use?

Just curious why this cannot be a closed system so no messing around every trip is needed? Your competitor does this....:face-icon-small-coo

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Just curious why this cannot be a closed system so no messing around every trip is needed? Your competitor does this....:face-icon-small-coo
Who are you referring to?<O:p</O:p

Last edited:

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
You will need to run full race gas to be at 240HP.

Maybe your dobeck fuel controller CAN'T keep up!!!..... 240 on race..... Almost ALL your competitors run up to 270hp on 91oct fuel..... So I save 2k on the price of the kit BUT I spend 4k more over the life of my sled because I CAN'T run anything else but super expensive race fuel....

Premium Features