• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HCR EVO S/C Build

B
Feb 11, 2008
Red Deer Area AB
Here is my 2012 HCR 1100 EVO super chute build, I started the project back in Oct with lots of looking and reviewing this site for ideas what to look out for etc. lots of very good info, So i started collecting parts before i even had a sled...lol. Through a couple good conversations I went with the EVO S/C kit with Jim from EVO and Gene from WKM who have been very good to deal with and look forward to more awesome products to come. so Here it is almost complete. the first pic is the stock sled as it first went on the lift......pics after were the work in progress

IMG_0149.jpg IMG_0164.jpg IMG_0173.jpg IMG_0174.jpg IMG_0183.jpg IMG_0182.jpg

B
Feb 11, 2008
Red Deer Area AB
here is a few more as its getting close to "fire in the hole" hoping the remaining parts will be here this week and hoping to complete and test and tune next weekend. couple more pics

IMG_0185.jpg IMG_0186.jpg

Last edited:
B
Feb 11, 2008
Red Deer Area AB
Looking for a little help, so got the rest of my parts in today and working on it all day, got everything hooked up to fire the sled up. So the sled fired up and then died right away, sled fires every time but then dies and through s the wrench indicator on the gauge. One time it did flash the "temp" on gauge if its air locked with it not run ???any suggestions would be appreciated

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Looking for a little help, so got the rest of my parts in today and working on it all day, got everything hooked up to fire the sled up. So the sled fired up and then died right away, sled fires every time but then dies and through s the wrench indicator on the gauge. One time it did flash the "temp" on gauge if its air locked with it not run ???any suggestions would be appreciated

The "temp" on the gauge will be normal. I would check all the sensors. Another guy had the cam timing 180 degress off. I don't believe his even would fire up.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Bigdawg. Call jim he will help you out.

IF the cam timing was off it may do what your describing. If I was you I would definately take the time to pull the valve cover and check it. The intake cam can fairly easily jump a tooth when your not looking when installing.

Hope you get it all figured out soon.

B
Feb 11, 2008
Red Deer Area AB
well ive been up for hrs going through everything double checked all plugs etc and all good, called Jim and discussed and tried couple more options prior to pulling cover to check cam timing. happy to report she's breathing fire :).....not sure how the neighbours liked that 3in exhaust this morning but fawk em if they cant take a joke......many Thx to Jim from Evo for helping me trouble shoot this morning and resolve.

BD

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
well ive been up for hrs going through everything double checked all plugs etc and all good, called Jim and discussed and tried couple more options prior to pulling cover to check cam timing. happy to report she's breathing fire :).....not sure how the neighbours liked that 3in exhaust this morning but fawk em if they cant take a joke......many Thx to Jim from Evo for helping me trouble shoot this morning and resolve.

BD

So what ended up being the smoking gun?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
figured it was the ECU not plugged in 100%....unplugged then re plugged in and made sure i could hear the connector make the snap sound.

Sweet Deal! I had a friend over the other night as I was working on mine and he was just overwhelmed by the amount of things going on under the hood of my sled. Then again I told him he etec is stupidly more complicated. Either way. Attention to detail on these turbo builds is key. Just like installing a turbo on a 2 stroke.

Premium Features