• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dealer Prep on Pro RMK

mud99

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2009
Truckee, CA
Does anyone know what kind of prep work the dealer does on a Pro RMK?

Picked up my snowcheck a week ago, found the handlebars misadjusted and tightened up wrong, scratchers still tied up, very little oil in the tank, 1/2 gal fuel in the tank at the most.

I'd like to go through the sled and make sure they did the prep work correctly, it seems like they did a rush job.

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
When we set one up we adjust the handlebars to the middle of the adjustment lines (fine adjustment is done by the customer because we don't know exactly how every customer likes their bars), fill the oil tank full, premix 2.5 gallons of gas for each sled, check track alignment and tension, we leave the scratchers zip tied to the rails so they don't come unhooked and get bent, this year we are leaving the foam on the outside edge of the running boards so they don't wear through your cover, put the windshield on, clean the film off the clutches, and double check everything. We run it and cycle the motor to make sure the coolant is circulating through the coolers, retorque the primary clutch. I'm sure I forgot something.

With all that said Every dealer has their different ways of doing things.

K

koschak

Jan 16, 2008
Northern Minnesota
Dealer Prep

When I snowchecked my 2012 Pro I was given 3 options which all had fees associated with them. The first was a "racer setup" (cheapest), and intermediate set up, and a premium setup (most expensive). I believe the racer set up only included a quart of oil added, a gallon of gas, skis put on, and bars bolted on. The rest was to be done by the customer with a supplied check list. Maybe your dealer did something similar to the "racer setup" for you?
Good luck with the sled, you will love it!

mud99

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2009
Truckee, CA
Yeah, it seems like a sweet sled...lots of little changes from the 2012 I have now (which is becoming the wifes sled)

So far I have moved the skis to the narrow spacing, and swapped the 20 sized battery for a 9ah battery which I had on one of my other sleds which is a lot lighter and gives better access to the belt, mounted my GPS, installed tether, moved kill switch down the bars next to the bar clamp, filled up with VES gold, and 5 gallons of additional fuel so it doesn't smoke like a pig.

I'm a little pissed though, I broke the locking tab off the connector for the instrument cluster, so I guess i'll have to hold it together with zip ties and electric tape...

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
When we set one up we adjust the handlebars to the middle of the adjustment lines (fine adjustment is done by the customer because we don't know exactly how every customer likes their bars), fill the oil tank full, premix 2.5 gallons of gas for each sled, check track alignment and tension, we leave the scratchers zip tied to the rails so they don't come unhooked and get bent, this year we are leaving the foam on the outside edge of the running boards so they don't wear through your cover, put the windshield on, clean the film off the clutches, and double check everything. We run it and cycle the motor to make sure the coolant is circulating through the coolers, retorque the primary clutch. I'm sure I forgot something.

With all that said Every dealer has their different ways of doing things.

Doesn't Polaris provide some type of checklist? I know the Cat dealer here heat cycles them before they are given to the customer. I would think you would pay close attention to clutch alignment, belt deflection, etc? Seems like the factory would have good reason to be sure a certain procedure is followed every time.

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
Doesn't Polaris provide some type of checklist? I know the Cat dealer here heat cycles them before they are given to the customer. I would think you would pay close attention to clutch alignment, belt deflection, etc? Seems like the factory would have good reason to be sure a certain procedure is followed every time.

Yes we do have a PDI. We don't check alignment but we check and adjust belt deflection.

wang11

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Idaho Falls, Id
My sled showed 88 mph on max speed when I got home!!! I hope it was warmed up wasn't that happy about it

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Don't they all show that regardless? Idk why but it seems like most polaris I've seen say that... maybe its saying that is the maximum it should be driven or something?

I would hope they don't have the track spinning that fast im pretty sure its terrible for the paddles

M

mulestar

Dec 2, 2007
Don't they all show that regardless? Idk why but it seems like most polaris I've seen say that... maybe its saying that is the maximum it should be driven or something?

I would hope they don't have the track spinning that fast im pretty sure its terrible for the paddles

Mine had a max of 20mph...for what it's worth.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
When i picked up my pro yesterday...the dealer setup it up full of oil, full of gas, and when i got home and started inspecting i found a set of 10-62 weights in the tool kit. I havent checked for sure yet but im assuming they dropped in a set of 10-60s since we ride at higher elevation. needless to say im happy with my dealer.

Premium Features