• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI-NORTHSTAR PERFORMANCE KIT

V

Vfrtrader

Aug 25, 2009
Cache Valley, UT
The 12 injectors are twice the price of the 11's about $200. Much better injector though. 11's have 4 holes, 12's have 8 holes. But the issue is getting a 12 program which Polaris won't do. Probably waiting for all the warrenties on the 11 to run out so they can sell 12 injectors. So, if you know someone who knows someone to get a 12 injector program you are good to go.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
I love my Northstar piston kit , just got back from Revey / Sicamous work good all three days , heading back out Wednesday for another three days of riding .

Hey Curtis, good to know your northern/vi-pec combo is doing great. I still can't believe the weight you are pulling over a single "piston" kit.....! call me when you have a sec. was a pleasure remotely tuning that kit for you.

The450kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Rimbey Alberta

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Looks like a great day in the burn! How is it compared to your buddy's xm? Are you running an slp pipe as well or is it all stock components ?

At the time I got my kit , they did not have there testing done with the pipe and porting , Jack says with running the pipe / porting , he added 2 grams more ( piggy back fuel controller ) I am still running more then him without the pipe/porting.
My next engine will have the pipe and porting ( I have heard that SLP may be coming out with a single pipe for the big bores ) :face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-win

tb800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 29, 2011
Alberta
Gunnerthesnowman

Did you run the kit with the other programmers? You mentioned an auto tune before? Did that not work out?

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Hey Curtis, good to know your northern/vi-pec combo is doing great. I still can't believe the weight you are pulling over a single "piston" kit.....! call me when you have a sec. was a pleasure remotely tuning that kit for you.

Hay Gino , let me know what you think of the kit once you get yours installed :face-icon-small-win and I think ( know ) once Sebastien get his and puts it on the dyno there is more power and low end left in the tune with refining the timing :face-icon-small-hap . it says a lot to me when the tuner like what he see that he goes out a gets a couple kits .:cheer2:

T

treedocker

Sep 1, 2010
i am also very excited to see the results and jack is also. these kits are really screaming down here with the dolbeck boxes, but i know the vipec will be even better and we can refine the map and squeeze that much more out of the kit.

The450kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Rimbey Alberta
i am also very excited to see the results and jack is also. these kits are really screaming down here with the dolbeck boxes, but i know the vipec will be even better and we can refine the map and squeeze that much more out of the kit.

Are you still using the power commander as well? I have that already so it would be one less thing to buy.. Any updates with the slp pipe??

Premium Features