• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 summit x sea level clutching?

L

lingnine

Nov 27, 2011
Bismarck, ND
I've never messed with clutching at all besides adjusting clickers. I've noticed that I had to set my clickers at 3 or 4 for Cooke city with an elevation of 8-10k. When in sd with an elevation of 6k I set the clickers to 1. Now what do I do when I want to ride at home with an elevation of 1500? Can I have a happy medium? I see the dealership offers a sea level calibration kit? What tool should I plan on purchasing? I'm fairly mechanically inclined but never touched snowmobile clutches. Thank you all for whatever advise you can give me.

Apr 2, 2009
The factory low elevation kit changes are all in the primary.... You need a primary puller, special wrench to hold the clutch while you take it on and off. Also some way to compressing the spring into the primary... I made one with all thread a nut and some flat bar.... You get 413 ramps, stiffer spring and solid pins.... I liked the way it went with that kit in, but I bought a rooster built clutch kit and it goes even better! I'd put the money twords a clutch kit rather than the low elevation one from skidoo...

PM winter brew on here if your interested in a clutch kit

Premium Features