• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI: NEW PRODUCT... POWER ADDICTION PRO-RMK 800CFI BILLET HEAD AND HPS SILENCER COMBO

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I've been talking with Brad Wursten (1200psi) of Power Addiction Racing about his new product offerings..

In addition to the amazing Billet 1100cc Bolt in motor developments for the PRO Chassis and the new billet 300+ hp 1650cc triple for the IQR's....

He has a new billet head and Silencer combo for the CFi-800 in the PRO-RMK.

This is a "bolt on" mod which does NOT require a fuel controller according to Wursten.

I'm including the information that I got from Brad below.

attachment.php

From Power Addiction Racing.
So after 4 years I finally broke down and bought a stock sled!!
A definate departure from my full tilt 1500cc triple IQR's.

My idea for it was to put my new billet twin motor in the chassis that I am making.

Before the install and testing of the Big Bore 1100 twin for the PRO RMK...CLICK HERE...I wanted to do some development of common sense bolt on upgrades that will give real-world improvements in the performance of this motor without breaking the bank.

First... The Power addiction 13.6:1 compression ratio head was developed for this motor for use at 5000-10,000 ft... There is also a 12.5:1 head for 0-5000 ft. Other custom CR's can be done on special order.

This cylinder head is designed to run on premium pump gas.

After installation we instantly picked up 20 lbs of compression from the stock 110 lbs to the Power Addiction head with 130 pounds. This head features a much more efficient combustion chamber design than the stock head. Improvements in starting and transitional throttle response, top end power as well as "bottom end grunt" were clearly evident.

Second, I contacted Scott at HPS about his new lightweight silencer. I have to say the fit and finish are top notch and shows the American made quality that he his know for. I really like the sound from this can and it complements the head very well. It drops about 5 lbs from the stock sled weight and frees up some space in that area....This silencer (can) is priced at $339.00

Less than 1.5 hours later I was done with the install and off to the Mountain to see how it all worked.

The throttle response was second to none. I can't believe how much better the throttle response compared to the stock 800. The head plain makes the sled "feel" much better from a performance standpoint .

Anyways, NO adjustments were needed to sled and NO programmer was installed. Still running pump gas.

I will be working on some new clutch setups. I really don't think the clutching will need much from stock. I feel the primary needs a different spring and I will be testing different clutching combos this weekend.

The head in the photo is a Complete Billet Head assembly that is offered for $440.00 with the anodized cover..

A "Cheater head " that retains the the appearance of stock is $340.00 which uses your stock black cover .

Custom laser engraving may be available on special request for an additional fee and a little lead time

Our testing shows shows significant improvements in performance that the rider will quickly see.
attachment.php
attachment.php

logo1.jpg

wursten head.jpg 3a.jpg 2a.jpg

Last edited:

pus1100

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
Troms,Norway
Could you use this same head and run straight av gas or even bled or run straight race fuel if that is needed? at 1000ft elevations.

yes,if we lived and sledded in the states.avgas isn't available here.and race fuel would cost something like 30 dollar a gallon.our 91 is now like 10 dollar pr gallon.dont need compression over 12,5,but a better designed head

1200psi

Nov 26, 2007
logan ut
www.poweraddictionracing.com
Hi everyone . The answer to your questions is yes this is a cheater style head I also have a billet anodized cover but is not needed. For 0-5000 I have a 12.5 head and 5-10000 I have the 13.6 heads . Both are pump gas for those elevations. You can use the 13.6 heads at lower but will require a 30/70 mix in higher octane fuel for you guys that want to use them at both elevations . Let me know if you have any questions .

Brad

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
Here is a pic of the head installed on my sled. I have only got to ride it once since I put it on, I didn't really have a chance to see for sure what it will do but I definitely noticed an improvement way more responsive and noticeably more power. I am going out this weekend for 3 days and will have a good chance to see what it does!!! I have the stock silencer on mine for now.

IMG_0161.JPG

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
Any idea how much extra H.P. this head produces?

From the increase in compression of 110 to 130 I would guess 10 H.P.??

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I'm thinking in the area of 4-6 HP. I really like mine. Brad makes a hell of a product and I have sold quite a few of these heads to Pro owners, with no complaints at all.

24drnkz

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, OR
4-6hp will work for me on this sled. Got mine last week and I should have it in and on the snow by Thursday..stoked to see how it prefroms. Anyone mess with the clutching yet? 6-9k in elevation for me:face-icon-small-hap

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
Anyone try the SLP single pipe combo with this head?

I would also like to see some dyno numbers of different combos.

R
Mar 2, 2008
Kindred, ND
yes,if we lived and sledded in the states.avgas isn't available here.and race fuel would cost something like 30 dollar a gallon.our 91 is now like 10 dollar pr gallon.dont need compression over 12,5,but a better designed head

Ic, but for me av gas supply is actually closer than the gas station so it is easily accessible for me.

But my question for 1200psi is for my elevation 900 feet at home where i ride at would straight 100ll av gas work or would i need a mix of race fuel too?

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
24drnkz ...I've got a pretty good idea for your setup. Kind of depends on your snow conditions as you are sort of in between what I've tested.

Did you do just the head or both?

pm me your current setup and we can compare what I know so far

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
So if your riding at revelstoke where we unload under 2000 ft and ride to 8000 feet, would you get away with 94 octane chevron fuel?????

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
So if your riding at revelstoke where we unload under 2000 ft and ride to 8000 feet, would you get away with 94 octane chevron fuel?????

X2 94 ethanol free to boot!
I ride whistler so anywhere from 1-8k ft

1200psi

Nov 26, 2007
logan ut
www.poweraddictionracing.com

I would like to see a little higher personally like 97 octaine if you want to run the 13.6 domes. I don't want to tell you it will run perfect and it does'nt . The 13.6 runs no problems at 5-10 k all day long I am just affraid that when the air is 0 degrees and 1000 ft it may not be enought octaine. If you run the 12.5 no problems pump 91

does the billet cover offer more cooling than the cheater option ?
Yes it does add a little more area than the stock cover.

X2 94 ethanol free to boot!
I ride whistler so anywhere from 1-8k ft
same as above

kej

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Brad, would there be a chance of a 13:1 dome for use in the 3000-4000ft and up?

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I would like to see a little higher personally like 97 octaine if you want to run the 13.6 domes. I don't want to tell you it will run perfect and it does'nt . The 13.6 runs no problems at 5-10 k all day long I am just affraid that when the air is 0 degrees and 1000 ft it may not be enought octaine. If you run the 12.5 no problems pump 91

Which head will work the best then in Revy?
12.5 @ 8000 feet with 91 octane or 13.6 @ 8000 feet with 97 octane (more octane than needed at elevation but required due to low elevation at the parking lot).

Premium Features