• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BOOST-IT FUEL SYSTEMS

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Just a quick update so everyone fully understands what the knobs do.

The knob on the left determines at how many pounds the system starts to add fuel. This is important. If fuel is added to early then you get a rich bog ( every turbo guy has experienced this to some extent). If fuel is added to late, then the sled will have a lean bog/miss/hiccup ( alot of people mistake this for a rich condition). Everyone has ridden or has ridden with someone that has a MCXpress kit. You will notice they sometimes have a bog or miss at throttle roll on, or when the sled switches from Vac to Boost. This is a preset value from MC and is set at about 4 lbs boost on the Nytro from what I understand. Depending on snow conditions, temp, air pressure etc. the sled would like fuel sooner or later, and with my system you simply adjust the left knob earlier or later (left or right) to get the precise timing the sled want. This typically take less than one minute to adjust.
The knob on the right is duty cycle adjustment(how long the injector stays open with each injection event). You basically turn the knob to the right for more fuel, and to the left for less fuel. The controller has a digital MAP sensor built in that will add fuel based on boost and RPM up to 22 lbs boost Everytime the motor makes a revolution, there is a injection event, so of course with more RPM comes more fuel.
This system was really designed so anyone with limited tuning capability could tune with ease. There is no punching a bunch of buttons, or waiting until you get off the hill to plug in your laptop. Or worse yet, waiting for your dealer or turbo builder to get you the latest and greatest map.:face-icon-small-con

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Neil do you have anyone that is going to try it on a 2 smoker?
Yes there is a 2 stroke turbo manufacturer testing a 2 cylinder kit right now. It should be easy to tune. I have 3 different sizes of extra injectors available depending on how much extra fuel is needed.
I see someone has developed a 2 stroke kit for the Doo's and is using extra injectors for Boost/fuel. It is the future of turbo sleds!:face-icon-small-coo

E

evil1

Aug 7, 2008
fort mcmurray, alberta,canada
180 nitros??

Sooo it alll looks real interesting!, I'm no expert when it comes to tuning but i know enough to be dangerous.. I've had my 180 kit on for a year now but would'nt mine turning it up a little,,are ya working on anything for the mcx180 kit,,I think like most of us running the kit we bought it either for financial reasons or to keep the reliabilty...I've been wondering what i might have to do to get it up to 10-12 psi at sea level

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Sooo it alll looks real interesting!, I'm no expert when it comes to tuning but i know enough to be dangerous.. I've had my 180 kit on for a year now but would'nt mine turning it up a little,,are ya working on anything for the mcx180 kit,,I think like most of us running the kit we bought it either for financial reasons or to keep the reliabilty...I've been wondering what i might have to do to get it up to 10-12 psi at sea level
I actually helped a buddy install a 180 MC kit, so I do understand the kit pretty well.
I would just install the injectors in to the Plenum that MC provides and then drive the injectors seperately from any of the electronics MC provides. You would either need a boost controller or shorten the waste gate rod on the turbo to get desired boost. I would recommend at least straight c-12 at sea level and probably no more than 10-11 lbs boost. Even there you would want to make sure the stock fuel pump would keep up, but it likely would. If you were using it for mountains only then I would say get an intercooler. At least MC has a decent snow cooled charge tube. You could call a MC dealer for a price on an intercooler, but sit down when you make the call.
I could draw you up a diagram of how to plumb the fuel for the extra injectors. There is no doubt it would be a rocket!

E

evil1

Aug 7, 2008
fort mcmurray, alberta,canada
COOL NM,,I'm already committed in my mind,,i had planned to remove the mc boost solenoid b.s. anyways. I got mixed feelings from people about the stock fuel pump keeping up so i plan to find something that can,,theres no doubt about it i'm doing something more with this sled so I'll pass on all my findings to ya,,guess next i should pm ya for a price:face-icon-small-ton

O
Dec 15, 2007
hi i have a 07 apex with the 310 mcx kit.. head shim very interested in your controller could you get me a price? thanks in advence

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
hi i have a 07 apex with the 310 mcx kit.. head shim very interested in your controller could you get me a price? thanks in advence
We are still working on the Apex to make sure everything will be perfect. When I am happy with how it all works then I will definately offer a Apex fuel controller. There will probably be 2-3 guys including myself testing early and if all goes well should have something by mid Dec. It will be an easy install for the MCX guys.

T

TTE

Nov 26, 2007
Norway
We are still working on the Apex to make sure everything will be perfect. When I am happy with how it all works then I will definately offer a Apex fuel controller. There will probably be 2-3 guys including myself testing early and if all goes well should have something by mid Dec. It will be an easy install for the MCX guys.

You got my attention - please keep us uptaded on the mcx apex progress and pm me a price and needed parts to do a upgraded. I have a Mcx 310 hp kit with brown bosch injectors in the plenum and Walbro fuel pump.

I have been playing with the idea of putting a impulse header, downpipe and GT2860RS on the mcx kit. This sounds like a perfect fuel controller for me - not having to go through the hole deal build up the "perfect" fuelmap. I assume there will be no problem running this controller at sea level as long as the duty cycel of the extra injetors are not max out - correct?

Last edited:
N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
You got my attention - please keep us uptaded on the mcx apex progress and pm me a price and needed parts to do a upgraded. I have a Mcx 310 hp kit with brown bosch injectors in the plenum and Walbro fuel pump.

I have been playing with the idea of putting a impulse header, downpipe and GT2860RS on the mcx kit. This sounds like a perfect fuel controller for me - not having to go through the hole deal build up the "perfect" fuelmap. I assume there will be no problem running this controller at sea level as long as the duty cycel of the extra injetors are not max out - correct?
Yes that is correct about fuel supply at sea level. I think the brown injectors are 310 cc, but I could be wrong. I have some 440 cc injectors that would do the job no problem at sea level.
We have the controller for the 4 cylinder doing exactly what is supposed to now, so it's just a matter of getting it on the snow.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Look what showed up in my shop. The individual who owns this sled had some engine work done on this 1200 Doo and the MCX mapping was not doing the job, so I am taking a run at it. The install was very basic because my injector harness plugged right in to the MCX injectors. All I had to do was solder the connections for key power, ground, and tach signal, and I was good to go! The sled started and ran perfectly and I could add fuel to the extra injectors right off idle if I wanted to. Now this sled will have all the fuel it needs for desired Boost and boost/fuel start can be bang on for the riding whatever the snow conditions are.:face-icon-small-coo.
The install took about 2 hours.:face-icon-small-hap

DOO 1200 MCX 001.jpg

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
PM's

I have discovered that a bunch of my PM replys did not go out. So if you have PM'd me and have not heard back, please let me know. I will reply from a different computer that is not restricted by firewall. I have now replied to all of the ones that I think got missed, but if you are waiting to here from me then let me know.
Neil

Premium Features