• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So I might have lied...

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
I may have lied to u guys when i told u i was selling the 900. Thinking about it now, if i can swing the cash, i may just keep the 9 and detune it so the woman can drive it. It is a very stable sled and she should be able to get through anything with it. Y not?:face-icon-small-hap

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
I'm sure that FasTrax still has them available...

Give em a call...

253-848-0908

I called them and they said that they are currently out of stock and they dont know if they will make anymore unless the demand for them goes up. He took note that i called and he will make more if he thinks he needs to. So if anyone is thinking about doing a billet chaincase for an 06 you should call fastrax and let them know that u r interested! Thanks!:face-icon-small-hap

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Polzinhunter said he will make the 06-up billet chaincase covers this summer/fall as well..

he is very busy catching up on current clients and other projects..but he will come through when he can...

thats what i am waiting for ;)

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Maybe polzinhunter will chime in and give us some details on his product or if he is planning on making them.:face-icon-small-win

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
I may have lied to u guys when i told u i was selling the 900. Thinking about it now, if i can swing the cash, i may just keep the 9 and detune it so the woman can drive it. It is a very stable sled and she should be able to get through anything with it. Y not?:face-icon-small-hap

WHY.....?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
It will pretty much be my fiances first snowmobile! LOL:face-icon-small-hap She has ridden with me a couple times and drove it once. she says she likes the way it rides but its way too jumpy for her. I will probly keep the pipe and can and the airbox but i will just set everything back to stock til she learns how to control it a little better. that way when she wants more power i can slap a turbo on it!:face-icon-small-ton

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Gear it up a down a bit and use a 120 lb starting force for the primary spring. ... That will make it less jumpy.. The pipe character doesnt change that character ...just total power output.

The can will also fit the stock pipe.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Maybe polzinhunter will chime in and give us some details on his product or if he is planning on making them.:face-icon-small-win

That would be nice... I know he's a top notch builder after seeing his rider select deletes, Very nice machine work:D:beer; I just wish he would stop in here more often again.....:(

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Hey Fellas!

Yeah ! I am Still Alive. I havent had much time to surf latley but its nice to know I am missed :face-icon-small-blu

I will be making some covers for 06 sleds! I need one for my own . Believe it or not I still have the plastic cover on my sled and the original #1 prototype RS Delete kit I Have been meaning to polish for several seasons now.

At the moment any extra time I can spend on sled parts is being spent on suspension parts for CO-BE! JB has been way more than extra patient so until his stuff is done thats what I am working on so it will be a while for the other stuff I am afraid.

The good news is that its hot as chit so I will spend more time indoors . That usually means more time for parts.:face-icon-small-hap

Anyways I am off to bed again its been another long hot day for me !

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Gear it up a down a bit and use a 120 lb starting force for the primary spring. ... That will make it less jumpy.. The pipe character doesnt change that character ...just total power output.

The can will also fit the stock pipe.

Yeah i was gonna set the gearing back to stock. thats a good idea with the primary spring, i may just do that! Im keeping the pipe on it cuz i dont want to reflash the cdi. Plus i cant use the can anymore anyway since my blowout last season.:face-icon-small-dis Think im gonna try the cpi can.

On a side note, does anyone know where to get good ceramic coating for a decent price? I have to coat my pipe for my 700 IQR.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
DONT put the gearing back to stock!!

I'm saying move it away from stock... gearing it up a bit to a higher ratio (type-o above)... run 19/42 or 19/43 gearing...

I'd say you should run a 120/340 spring in the primary with 10/68-70 weights... MAKE SURE That the primary is shimmed properly and run the 3211115 belt only, IMO. This should give you a less harsh engagement and smoother clutch engagement.

All this is assuming that you have a helix in the secondary that is approx 66-42 and a stock or red/pink secondary spring.

Also, add an Isovibe handlebar mount from Grip-N-Rip to cut down on the vibrations from the motor and make her a happier rider.

If it is for your wife, run the SPG Ultra Q can... nice and quiet light and compact as well. Most of the others are pretty loud.

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
MH, my 900 is a switchback and i ride in wisconsin and michigan. right now it is geared 24/40 and stock was 25/40. i have 11-72 weights in it but the stock weights in it were 10-74s with a dark blue/white polaris spring. I have a 66/44.46-66/42.46 and the stock 64/42.46 helixes. i have both a red/black and a red/pink secondary springs. I think 19/42 gearing will be way too low for around here.

Premium Features