• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Workouts/Routine's to stay in shape

D
Mar 24, 2008
Oregon
So this morning I was at 24.5 lbs lost when I wanted to be at 25 by Thanksgiving. Not too bad, I did really good today, even resisting my Mom's lemon meringue pie! I'd rather take my extra calories in wine!! I am about ready to throw away my men's large snowpants and get back into my ladies medium!!!

T

Trout

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 7, 2009
Cranbrook
Hey, I'm also new to this forum/snowest and riding in general. I am definately into a challenge...I need to get into shape badly! :)

Hey Meow, what are you doing this weekend? I have a new workout that we could try if you are interested. Call me.:)

T

Trout

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 7, 2009
Cranbrook
So this morning I was at 24.5 lbs lost when I wanted to be at 25 by Thanksgiving. Not too bad, I did really good today, even resisting my Mom's lemon meringue pie! I'd rather take my extra calories in wine!! I am about ready to throw away my men's large snowpants and get back into my ladies medium!!!

Congrats!! Good job on the weight loss! I am sure it is going to make a big difference for you this season.

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com

Awesome job Diamond! Woohooo!! Congratulations! :)

D
Mar 24, 2008
Oregon
2 more lbs gone now even after Thanksgiving week! Bad news is, I am getting sick from my Grandkids this weekend and workouts have come to a screeching halt! Dragging my butt to work is all the energy I can come up with. We are going to the Civil War game Thursday night and I am trying to get healthy for that. (The game between Oregon and Oregon State that will determine who goes to the Rose Bowl!!) It's huge and I am not going to miss it!

(Of course I thought the fresh air riding on Sunday would help)....................:confused: Shouldn't it have?

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
:)
2 more lbs gone now even after Thanksgiving week! Bad news is, I am getting sick from my Grandkids this weekend and workouts have come to a screeching halt! Dragging my butt to work is all the energy I can come up with. We are going to the Civil War game Thursday night and I am trying to get healthy for that. (The game between Oregon and Oregon State that will determine who goes to the Rose Bowl!!) It's huge and I am not going to miss it!

(Of course I thought the fresh air riding on Sunday would help)....................:confused: Shouldn't it have?

Awesome job on 2 more lbs!!! It's ok that you can't workout ~ give your body that time to recoop. :) Your body will thank you for it when you get back to good health. ;) Take some time to let your body heal before doing anything else. It's telling you that you need rest - listen to your body or you might end up worse and that wouldn't be good. :face-icon-small-sad

Be sure to drink lots of fluids and rest, rest, rest will be some of the best medicine for your body. :)

Take care and I hope your team wins!! :beer;

W

Wish

Apr 30, 2002
Tri Cities, WA
www.staceysdesign.com
I thought I had it all figured out...I've been doing 20 to 30 minutes cardio and weights every day....was feeling pretty good, and on a roll. THEN I went out on my first ride last weekend..........I've got it all backwards, that ride kicked my butt!! I need to ride more to stay in shape, nothing has come close to working me out as much as that sled did last weekend! :p:eek:

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
I'm tired just reading this. :eek:
No giving up beer for me!! :beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;
Yoga....walk the dog, and handstands....lol!!!

Good job Diamondlakediva!!! I'm proud of you!!!

I thought I had it all figured out...I've been doing 20 to 30 minutes cardio and weights every day....was feeling pretty good, and on a roll. THEN I went out on my first ride last weekend..........I've got it all backwards, that ride kicked my butt!! I need to ride more to stay in shape, nothing has come close to working me out as much as that sled did last weekend! :p:eek:

Heehee! Silly girls! :p

The first ride always gets ya!!

Cheers!! :beer;:beer;

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
I'm normally in decent shape in summer just from riding and working horses all day. This summer I've been pretty slack with surgeries and all that crap. So I'm just waiting for snow, sledding is the best workout for me. We like to ride at least 4 days a week so I get in good shape doing that. First couple weeks kick my butt though!

Used to love running, at least once or twice a day. But I injured my ankle (tore a ligament) a few years ago and it just won't hold up to running for more than a week. I need to find a new workout that I actually enjoy, if only I had room for an elliptical machine... I like those a lot.

T
Apr 1, 2009
I know what you mean about having limited time to prepare meals as I work and am also a student. What I like to do is cook up big meals 2 or 3 nights per week so there is leftovers for the next 1 or 2 days for lunch and supper. My faves that are easy to prepare and easy to reheat: chicken fajitas, grilled chicken breast and vegis, stirfy, and even omlettes are easy to whip up in a pinch but full of goodness! We have to remember that muscle=protein so if we want to gain muscle we HAVE TO eat lean protein and hit the weights.
I'd be stoked to do a challenge with any ladies who are interested.. sounds fun! If there's enough interest lets plan it!

Count me in on the challenge!!! What did you have in mind? :)

J
Count me in on the challenge!!! What did you have in mind? :)

Well we could tailor it to each individuals' goals wether it's to lose 5-10 pounds, lose inches while toning up (gaining muscle), or even just a challenge to eat healthier or drink less (since the result of this is increased health)! I always think December is a good time to get on a kick so that you are ready for Christmas and don't use the holidays as an excuse to gain a few.. lol

Any suggestions from you ladies?

We could create a new thread for the participants and post our stats and goals... continually adding inspiration and our sucess along the way and finally after the time is up post our results?
So who is into this? Although, I realize health and fitness may not be a top priority on snowest versus a nutrition forum..lol, but if the interest is there and I know there's a few of you.. what have we got to lose!? ;)
And to all you men who creep Powder Room (cuz we know you do!) you can do this challenge too

H
Jun 25, 2009
Eagle River, AK
Well we could tailor it to each individuals' goals wether it's to lose 5-10 pounds, lose inches while toning up (gaining muscle), or even just a challenge to eat healthier or drink less (since the result of this is increased health)! I always think December is a good time to get on a kick so that you are ready for Christmas and don't use the holidays as an excuse to gain a few.. lol

We could create a new thread for the participants and post our stats and goals... continually adding inspiration and our sucess along the way and finally after the time is up post our results?
So who is into this? Although, I realize health and fitness may not be a top priority on snowest versus a nutrition forum..lol, but if the interest is there and I know there's a few of you.. what have we got to lose!? ;)
And to all you men who creep Powder Room (cuz we know you do!) you can do this challenge too

Ladies (AND guys).... this sounds pretty good to me. I think it would be fun to have some sort of little incentive *kick* to push us all a little harder. I think a new thread designated for our goals, tracking progress, & results is a great idea... It would prob be easiest for us ALL to gloat about our success, and send out kudos to all our SW friends! :)

Do we want to have some sort of ending "prize" or something to keep it going? .... not too sure how well that would work, since each of us have different goals. Well, on second thought, maybe a better idea would be to have a designated "reward" for when we do meet our goals!! An example of this could be maybe, as simple as no chocolate (most girl's faves) until ya meed your goals; ORRRRR no beer (LOL... NOT)? I'd be open to other ideas too (origionally I was thinking it would be cool if everyone puts in for a days worth of "sledding" gas, then realized that would be hard since we are all pretty globally spread out)....

I also think it would be cool if we do this, we keep up on encouraging eachother. Afterall, we are all doing this for similar reasons, right?! :face-icon-small-win

Ps. Congrats on ther excellent job on your success Diamond!! Keep up the good work! ....ya are def teaching us all a lesson or two, for sure! :D

D
Mar 24, 2008
Oregon

I'd love some extra incentive during the holiday season especially!

Premium Features