• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 summit x check engine

N

niles

Jan 5, 2009
nw iowa
my 06 summit has a check engine light on ? on my last trip last year it started to run like the tether was pulled out making the dung dung dung noise checked it all out changed plug wires from extra sled still did it any ideas

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
mine started doing this last year. and i read quite a few post's with this same problem. i finally said f'it. still runs fine. just makes the beeping noise sometimes.

N

niles

Jan 5, 2009
nw iowa
mine is unrideable... will idle fine, but when you take off it runs like s***. one of the guys at the lodge said i had a vacuum leak but could nt find that. anything else anyone can think of

L

longtracksedge

Dec 6, 2007
I also changed the relay, but then had to change one of the wires in the relay. Has the same number. Have tried both the cheap auto parts brand and the Ski Doo part. Might be more like a bad wire somewhere in the harness from rubbing but have had no trouble with mine since I did all this. I also have to spin my dess cord every now and then. Not sure why...replaced just about everything from cord to harness...just one of those things I guess. Also check the plug in on the right side of the carbs. Mine had broke the tab and had to zip tie together. Pain in the butt for that one! Good Luck.

D
Oct 3, 2009
I had the same problem last year and went over everything. I pulled the ECM and was going to put dilectric grease on it and found a pin had corroded from moisture. You couldnt tell just by looking at it but when i squirted grease in there, the pin fell over. I fixed it and it has worked ever since.

N

niles

Jan 5, 2009
nw iowa
thanks i'll check all that will the check engine light go out by itself or does a dealer have to do it

Z
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula MT
it's a long shot that it would happen on it's own but, after my dealer put a new top end in ,my 06 i had the same symptoms, after many trips back to the dealer and lots of argument, turns out they torcked the head 5 lbs light and it was setting my knock sensor off. retorked the head and never had another problem. I would recomend the dielectric greese also to held avoid corosion of the pins. good luck

RedRevRider

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Stevensville, MT
I have an 06 Rev Summit 800 and had the same thing happen the first year. My problem was corrosion in the ECM plug. It was still under warranty and they had to replace the whole wiring harness as it too had some corrosion. Since it was replaced and the holes were plugged at the ECM connection that were missed at the factory I have not had anymore problems. This is the best sled that Ski-Doo has ever made.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
A buddy had an '06 with a bad wire harness... had like 20 some error messages when the dealer hooked up the error code reader!!! If it's not the ECM connection then bring her in and get the error codes read to pinpoint the problem.

Have FUN!

G MAN

N

niles

Jan 5, 2009
nw iowa
thanks for more tips. i found the relay and plan on swapping it out with wifes sled (hope she dont find out) to see if that helps. ive been to busy to work on it. :beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
The ecm connector is in a bad spot as water drips off the headlight directly on it. real quick fix if you notice it early. have a look, might need to clean the connections up. fill it full of vaseline when youre done and cover the whole thing so the water wont drip on it.

N

niles

Jan 5, 2009
nw iowa
I finally had time to change the relay, used my wifes, and still had engine light on. I unplugged ECM and it looked clean as brand new. i will just have to bring her in.:confused:

Premium Features