• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's Who....

S

Stephy

Jan 11, 2008
Well here it goes..lol
My name is Steph..Stephy..Canada..whatever else people come up with.
I was born and raised in Revelstoke BC and split my time between Revy and my place in Alberta..try to make it more Revy, obviously..
I've been riding since...well rumor has it I was conceived on a sled..:p seriously I can't remember NOT riding. I am 36 years old and live , eat, breath sleds. I work "in the industry" and LOVE what I do.
I travel A LOT to ride for work and pleasure although I live in God's country :D. I do enjoy my travels all over the States and Western Canada. Areas ridden...AK, UT, WY, ID, MT, WA, CO, OR, Cali, Yukon.all over BC ...time to really explore these spots more this year eh B !!!!!
Off season...yuck..:( I spend a lot of time on my KTM...or paddling white water rapids...or wishing, dreaming of snow !:face-icon-small-hap
Wonderful addition to SW...

Last edited:
C
Nov 30, 2007
Hi Ya'll, I like saying that, I used to live in Colorado for a couple years so when I came home to Canada I brought that back with me (it reminds me of Colo).

My name is Michelle or Chelle on most of the boards. I'm originally from Vancouver but I left there 8 years ago to follow my sporting passions. I lived in Colorado (mountainbiking) and now I'm in Edmonton (hockey), Alberta but my partner and I have just bought a piece of heaven in BC so we are moving in a month. We'll be able to go sledding right from our driveway. I grew up sledding in BC so it'll be nice to go HOME. Right now we drive 5 hours friday night, ride all weekend and then race back on sunday night to get back to work. I'm not going to miss that.

I'm a former pro snowboarder and a pro downhill mountainbiker, retired. I still have 7 bikes that I use as much as I can. I also ride moto and have thought about racing those again too.

My dayjob is running the production end of Marathon sled decks as I've been a welder for 20 years now. It is kind of a dream job as I get to design all of our new products and then test them on the weekends. I manage a crew of between 8 and 12 people and I'm proud to say that I've hired and trained 6 women welders in the 5 years that I've been with Marathon.

I'm going to be at the Ladiesride this year if it kills me as I had to drop out at the last minute last year. Hope to meet many of you there.

Cheers

Chelle

S

Stephy

Jan 11, 2008
Fixed it Melissa :p Thanks for looking after me girl....I need to explore your riding areas, summer and winter...you gonna guide?????:D

S
Feb 25, 2009
Prince George, B.C.
Finally a forum on Snowest that I'll be visiting alot this winter!! lol My name is Gillene and I'm from Beautiful B.C. Been sledding as long as I can remember.....My husband, 13 year old son and I try to sled the northern rocky mountains as much as we can. My 11 year old daughter has a 340 Arctic cat but she prefers figure skating to sledding....lol!! We are fortunate to have such an awesome sledding area only and hour out of the city, gorgeous views, awesome play bowls, good climbs and deep, deep powder. We all ride 2008 M series cats....my hubby rides an M8 (soon to be turboed) :) I ride an M6 that will soon have a 700 topend, boondocker and can, :p and our son rides a stock M6 with custom graphics. There are very few lady riders around, especially in the mountains...but I'm hoping that will soon change!! I do notice that more ladies are getting into the sport down in the states, and are making trips to Revy and organizing annual "Ladies Rides". I think it's awesome that those women are really taking the initiative to promote our sport and let the public know that it isn't just a man's sport!!

I really would like to mention how important it also is to be a member of your local club or organization. It not only promotes your sport but helps fight to keep our sledding areas open. It really blows me away the closed mindedness of some people that don't want to support their local club, but then whine and cry when areas get taken away. Last February we saw 80% of our areas closed for the mountain caribou.....we are now left with such a tiny area that I fear if our numbers get any lower the government will just shut it all down to sledders. Also....avalanche training!! If you are riding in the mountains you need to be an asset to your group and not a liability!

Looking forward to chatting with all the lady riders out there, and discussing the upcoming sledding season!! Let's start doing our SNOW DANCE!!:rose:

Last edited:
P
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
The Marmot

Well Hello All.... The Powder Room... What a nice little addition to esss-dub I must add..... :)

Well, here we go.... My name is Nicole... Mostly known as THE Marmot, Marmot, Marmo, or Marmalot....:face-icon-small-hap

I am a small little people originating from the Eastern Part of Oregon, A ranch girl really. Ya know cows, horses, tractors, things of that nature. I have an obsession with snowmobiles, which started a mear 9 years ago and through the years has become this monster which I can't control and now I simply hate all seasons besides snowy ones. I currently live with my two little wing poochiez, Midge and Ciara who keep me quite entertained. And have 1 spare room which I could never get a guest into to stay the night because the room looks like used sled gear bomb went off... Just rediculous how much sled gear I own. I guess some gals collect shoes, well I collect gear. Seriously who needs 4 pair of sled boots. :confused: At any rate, through the years I have rode a few different sleds, comming to my current little love... My Miss Stella, she was born in 2008, weighs entirly way to much, but has that wonderful M1000 torque I simply just adore..... What I love so much about snowmobiling is seeing new areas, and most of all meeting new peeps... So many great sled peeps out there, just a hoot riding in new groups. I guess Id have to say I just love hookin through the trees the most, although I enjoy all types of riding.... The more trees the better, but I will have to admit I have a terrible problem with PowderCurls (donuts, cookies however you call it)... hence the forum name... I absolutly CAN NOT help rippin a thousand circles up in a fresh little opening, meadow, lake.... Or really on a hill side (which I have dubbed Hillnuz) I'm not picky when it comes to Powdercurls. I'm lookin forward to this season should be interesting for sure... I'm embarking on a new adventure in January and leaving the home turf hope to find some rockin shred peeps who will let me tag along to explore some new areas!!!! :D

Last edited:
Hello, my name is Rhonda, I currently ride a skidoo summit etec which I love. I am also a snow addict and can’t get enough of riding and will ride anytime I can. Some friends bought me a shirt that says Snow Slut because I will go along with just about anyone if my hubby is out of town. We ride all over North Idaho and Western Montana and are members of the Montana Nightriders. I agree that joining a club as well as SAWS, BRC, etc. helps keep you informed on land closures and other issues facing our sport. We ride everything from trail rides on week nights into a local lodge to some crazy boondocking with a little climbing mixed in…I’m not much of a hill climber, scared of heights so my 600 gets me pretty much everywhere I need to go. I spend most of my time on dootalk; seems a bit friendlier over there but, have also visited the ladies ride forum which is great. I just bought a core saver from the info I read on there and love it. I broke a couple ribs a few weeks ago and it allowed me to go on our “chick 4 wheeler ride” so thanks for sharing all of you that posted about those. Looking forward to this section, the guys can be a little critical on this site! Think snow!

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
I'm embarking on a new adventure in January and leaving the home turf hope to find some rockin shred peeps who will let me tag along to explore some new areas!!!! :D

OH YEAH!! I'm so stoked about this!!

Hello everyone! Miss June here.....LOL!! (that cracks me UP!) I'm Susie, a 42 year old Mom from Oregon - hence the forum name. I've been riding every season since 1996. It long ago became my favorite activity, but over the years, that passion has only grown. Now, even in the off season, it's all about sledding for me. I'm the SAWS Secretary and one of the Oregon Representatives. The job is both fulfilling and depressing. Especially in today's political environment....but I won't say any more about THAT here. ;)

In my "real" life, I'm an analyst for a global software company and am blessed to be able to work from home. Todd (aka Tedd) and I have two girls - both 12 - and they aren't twins. Taylor is his and Aspen is mine. Together, with Rocky-dog (our mini-doxie) and Lily (6mo old calico), we are one happy family.

We love to travel to ride! Last year we made it to WY and hope to get back there again this winter. Otherwise, our riding is mostly done in OR & WA. Maybe this year too, we'll actually get to ride in ID. My Daisy (2004 800 Escape) broke her rear bumper in ID last winter, but she wasn't even off the deck when it happened! (You'll have to ask Tedd about that one....LMAO!!)

B
Dec 15, 2008
empire, co
Thanks for setting up this forum!

My name is Abby--I live in Colorado and usually ride 10 minutes from my home. My husband (backcountryislife) got me into sledding about 3 years ago. I started on a Arctic Cat 500 (what a piece!) and now I own a Arctic Cat 800 Turbo (one of the jacksonhole hill climbers) so I can not only keep up with the boys, but pass them!

I wish you ladies lived in CO. It would be so great to ride with some serious female riders. It's always a sausage fest when we go out--but that's ok, because I learn a lot that way. I love jumping, cornice dropping, and carving in the powder. I want to get better a tree riding this winter.

I am 35--no kids--and teach 1st grade in a small mountain town. Love it! I also hike, trail run, whitewater kayak, snowboard, and mountain bike---speaking of, I'm late to do some DH biking in a bit.

If any of you ladies head to CO this winter, please let me know--I would LOVE to ride with some kick *** girls.

C

Colorado4fun

Mar 26, 2004
Layton, UT
If any of you ladies head to CO this winter, please let me know--I would LOVE to ride with some kick *** girls.

Hey batgirl.......I usually make atleast 1 if not 2 trips to Colo every year but don't make it to the Eastern Slope. I hit the Flattops out of New Castle. If you ever go that way I can hook you up with some peeps to ride with and we might just hit it at the same time.

T

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Hi, my name is Kristy and I am addicted, yes to sled forums and of course snowmachining aka snowmobiling. I was raised snowmobiling in the Big Horn Mtns of Wyoming. I have been on my own sled for 32 years. Started on a 340 Enticer Yamaha, I now have a 2009 800 XP 154. I got married in 2007 to "Farmer" and we together share the passion of riding. My 14 yr old son also has the passion, he is catching some good air and a carving fool. He has been riding since he was 2-3 years old, started on a 300 Indy trail at the age of 5. I live in Carbondale Colorado, hubby is the president of the Mt. Sopris Rec. Riders, and we brought the White River Forest Alliance to life after being dormat for 3 years. We have a extremist group here trying to take 400,000-450,000 acres from us, yes my back yard. Seriously about 600 yards from my back door could be Wilderness :(. So at this time we are lucky enough to ride our of our shop. We also have a cabin on the Grand Mesa we try to get to, not near often enough though. We have a small herd of cattle, and a few dogs as well. So when we are not ranching we are riding our ATV's, hunting, or traveling!! I am in property management and take care of a few houses, which means I have a fairly flexible schedule, unless the owners are in town. I can't wait for this winter, as this summer has been a stressful one, need to get some frustrations out!!

S
Jan 12, 2006
Rexburg, Idaho
Hi everyone! Snojo here. But you can call me Jo, Jod or Jodie, or most anything else, just be nice. Oh yeah - Miss March too, teehee. I live in southeast Idaho. I've been riding for about seven years, but I missed a couple doo to some crazy injures. I LUV my '08 Skidoo XP. She's got a bit of pink on her. I like pink just a little. I mostly ride in southeast Idaho and western Wyoming - not much reason to leave this country, it's awesome. I'm also passionate about hunting and horse back riding. I have a keeper of a husband (Idaho Slim on the forum), 4 dogs 3 horses and a pygmy goat, and no kids - which at this point I realize means no competition for the good gear or my time off! I love when my slechickas travel here to ride with us, we always have plenty of POW to go around. Hope to see more of you this year....miss marmot????

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
Hi, I'm Stephanie or Steph. I spent my earlier years in MT and the rest in WY. Gillette, WY (or rather some land north of the little town of Rozet, WY) is home-sweet-home now.

Back about 11 years ago my dad bought a pair of phazers, been riding ever since. The first sled that I bought was a mountain max 700- still love the sound of those triple pipes. :)

Recently married my knight in shining armor (yes, he even rides a white sled ;)) whom I happened to meet a almost 3 years ago at a snowest ride up in the bighorns.

I spend my late spring and summer riding the horses (mostly a english gal- love jumping), backpacking, jetskiing, and working around the house and property. Fall is hunting season, but nothing can beat winter. :D

We ride the bighorns a lot (keep a camper up at bearlodge), and try to make a couple trips over to cooke city/beartooths. Also planning a trip to the snowies this year that I'm really excited about.

S
Jan 12, 2006
Rexburg, Idaho
Ok little buddy lemme see what I can do!!! I'd soooo love to come for a shred with you!!!! When is the best time?

Anytime but Christmas - New Years, we'll be in Cooke. By the way it's dumping in the yard as I type, about 3 inches so far, woooohooooo! Maybe I'll ride my sled to the mailbox this afternoon.:D

Premium Features