• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rktech reflash

J

JohnnyH

Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
I do not have the reflash but I do have a RKT head.
From the horses mouth (Kelsey)

"If you consider consistent runing and more power a downside.. then YES, tons of downside"

"The head is a HUGE improvment over stock.. The head and recurve completely transform the XP into the sled it should be"

P
Jul 10, 2008
I could be totally wrong but i thought you had to be running at least his head for him to even do the re curve for you? Either way im going to be running with it this season so i will have to wait and see if its good or bad. I have never heard much bad about Kelsey and when i talked to him on the phone he seems confident that it is a good upgrade so i hope he is right:beer;

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
i got one of kelseys kits 2 years ago,ported and the reflash,0 problems,the sled rips,im waiting on my head and ecm for my xp STILL.jk,great guy.DONT be afraid to rejet like he says,it will only burn so much fuel and throwing to much fuel at it and all you get to do is carry 2 jerry cans and have short days on the mountain.on my zx went down to 450s from 500s,plugs golden brown after a good pull.cheers .:beer;

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
i got one of kelseys kits 2 years ago,ported and the reflash,0 problems,the sled rips,im waiting on my head and ecm for my xp STILL.jk,great guy.DONT be afraid to rejet like he says,it will only burn so much fuel and throwing to much fuel at it and all you get to do is carry 2 jerry cans and have short days on the mountain.on my zx went down to 450s from 500s,plugs golden brown after a good pull.cheers .:beer;

Are you saying that with Kelseys head you had to jet down and therefore use less gas and make more power !

tell me,
Is this correct ?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Are you saying that with Kelseys head you had to jet down and therefore use less gas and make more power !

tell me,
Is this correct ?

That about sums it up.....although with more power you'll find yourself squeezing the trigger more and using MORE fuel. :beer;:)

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Yes, you will jet down after installing the RKT head and reflash. Had just the head on my XP 800 the first year and went from 480 to 450 main jets. The next year got the reflash and the 860 and jetted to 440/430's. Head runs cooler and much more eficient than stock

H

Hiterhard

Oct 13, 2008
Northern WY
Did some homework, all I can see as a downfall is that if you ever wanted to go back to stock you can't. At least thats what I was told. Thats why I'm waiting a year so I still have my warranty. But after that bring on new domes and a re-flash for sure.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
In my 06 went from 440 stock to 390 in a 827 with porting . :D

But you need to raise your needles, I had hot EGTs in the midrange.

Last edited:
Premium Features